Would ya tell a friend you aren't interested in dating when in reality you're after one person

Question title. For guys and gals.

For me I would.

Same gender friends

Most Helpful Girl

• When I'm after one person, I usually only tell one friend if that. As far as everyone else is concerned, I'm happily single and in love with celebrities.

I definitely tell guys who are interested in me that I'm interested in someone else, even if I'm genuinely not interested in dating. If they hear that I'm not interested in dating, it somehow translates out to, "You just need to keep trying to convince me." That gets really annoying.

What Girls Said 4

• No. If there's someone I like, then I'll say there's someone else. If I just really don't feel like dealing with the dating scene, I'll say so. If someone keeps trying to get at me, I say: sorry, I'm not interested. I don't see the point of being all cryptic about it.

• Yes but only if that friend was interested in me and I didn't like them back but didn't want to hurt their feelings by saying no :P

• No I usually tell my girls about people I'm interested in or if I'm just not interested in anyone.

• no, I like to be straight forward and honest.

What Guys Said 3

• If it was my homegirls, an they liked me if I wasn't interested in them I'd let her know an not lead her on.

• Yes, I do this to few Nosy Ass Guy friend an Guy Relatives. Don't know why they care about my lifestyle when they don't have their relationships at 100%

• did this a couple of times, but I always also thought "What IF"

• yeh among ma guy friends. I like to keep my affairs private & not let the whole world know about my actions