Gift for a first date

should you give your date flowers/chocolate/balloons or other simple gift on a first date? girls: how would you feel if a guy did this? guys: have you done this before and what was the reaction?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't expect it, but I would be pleasantly surprised. Anything extravagant would make me uncomfortable for a first date, but a single rose would be perfect.

What Girls Said 2

• I have gotten flowers on the first date before and I've always thought it was very sweet.

• How about one nice pink rose? simple but sweet.

What Guys Said 1

• Save the flowers and gifts until you've gotten to know her. While some dates like to receive gifts and flowers at the beginning of the first date, others may view it as a sign of desperateness. I personally think that giving your date a single rose at the very end of a good first date is a better idea, because it gives the assumption that you enjoyed her presence and would like to do "this" again.