Would you mind being one of many?

Let's say you know a guy and eventually after signalling your interests he asks you out. Would you be OK if he told you that he had a few ( not more than 3 or so) dates with other girls or would you decline the date

• Yes. I'd still go on the date
  • No. If he doesn't have eyes only for me I'm out
  • See results

Most Helpful Girl

• i wouldn't care. its not like we're together.

• So you'd still go?

• Oh. Just wanted to see if people are receptive to people who have multiple dates, especially in a situation where you have know the person. I basically want to see if there is a difference if the guy is relatively known compared to a guy who cold approaches

• Yay for me :D

What Girls Said 9

• I am sure against it.

Why would I waste my time on someone who treats me like I'm one among others? I have a number. Maybe I'm number 7 or maybe I'm number 4. I'm just given a number.

Dating someone or getting to know someone means that you have signed an imaginary oath to open your heart to them in order to explore their world and let them explore yours. In order to do that, you gotta make them feel special. Knowing that you are dating several people at the same time, do you think he/she will allow you to step inside their personal space/their world and most importantly their mind and heart?

So, if you are given a number, will you share your secrets? Will you open your heart to that person? Will you allow them in? I don't think so.

People who argue for multiple dating are doing so for a group of reasons, for example they think it's good for experimenting. Well, sorry to break this one for them but the majority of people don't consider themselves rats. Other people want to speed up their mating success rate. Well, you can be exclusive to someone and get to know them better and if you felt like he/she wasn't the one for you, then you can breakup with that person and move to the other one. You gotta focus your energies on one person in order to know him better and make better judgements.

Others want a no strings attached kind of relationship, so they tend to date multiple people at a time. It's OK if he/she is being honest about it and their dates are OK with it too.

There can be a lot of different reasons as to why people date multiple persons at the same time. I don't agree with it. It's not for me. When I get to know someone, I focus on him. I want to know HIM. He's not just another number in a queue of guys waiting to receive a pass.

And I expect the same treatment from the men I like/love/am interested in. He can have a crush on several girls but once he decides that he wants to date me, it has to be me and only me.

• He can do whatever he wants until we officially start dating. If he isn't my boyfriend, then I have no power over him. The first date means nothing anyway. Now, if he's my boyfriend or we've been on a lot of dates (like 5) and he's still talking to other girls that's a problem

• i would go on one date with him, hopefully show him why he should go on a second date with me AND ONLY ME. and then hope for the best. maybe if I was say, seeing another 3 guys also, then it wouldn't be a big deal. I wouldn't sleep with him though, if I knew he was dating other girls, but a date? why not, if he seemed like he would be fun and id have a good time.

• Don't tell a girl that.

• No, I'm a one man kinda girl and I'd want him to be a one girl kinda guy.

• i would be very against it. it would seem to me that the guy wasn't interested in me

• I'd go out with him.

• he shouldn't tell me that. That fact doesn't bother me but him telling me does... what's the point? If he's serious about me he shouldn't be talking about other girls when I'm around... simple as that..

• Yeah, but you haven't started. Officially dating. You may have hung out in class or at a party, but nothing official.

• i would go on a date with him but if he kept casually dating all these girls I would be wary because I want a relationship. so a date or two yes but after that if he just wants me to continuously be one of many I am not okay with it.

What Guys Said 1

• Well if a girl did this I would take it a lot less seriously with her.