Do you think he is cheating?

My birthday was last Thursday. My boyfriend and I went out to eat with my parents, and then we made plans to hang out with some of my friends on Friday. So, on Friday I didn't hear anything from him at all and I tried calling/texting to no response. The next morning he sent me a message on Facebook telling me that he got food poisoning from when we went out with my parents, and that he lost his phone and gave up looking. Then, I got another message on FB telling me that found his and that he'd call me once it was charged. Then, he sent me a text telling me found his phone. Then a half hour later, he called me to again inform me that he'd found his phone. I was working while all this went down, so I couldn't answer him. Do you think he is cheating on me?

Most Helpful Guy

• yeah because it is impossible for all of you to eat from the same venue and only him get food poisoning, and to constantly forget what text he had already sent you is him not being honest with whatever he is texting you, so its a high chance he was up to no good,x

What Guys Said 3

• LOL he is definitely the person for a nice CORDED phone. Can't lose that one.

Providing an unnecessarily detailed supporting story is one of the more common tells in lying.

Lying may not mean specifically cheating.

• No lol. He just wanted to tell you he found his phone but since you weeny answering he could not get in contact with you. How you derive cheating from a boyfreind attempting to call you is beyond me

• Probably not

What Girls Said 3

• I wouldn't jump to any conclusions

but sounds fishy.

• No lol

• I don't know if it means he's cheating, but it definitely seems strange. The overcompensations, telling you a billion times that he found the phone. I find it fishy any time someone loses their phone at just the wrong moment, especially when they're someone that never loses it.

I'd wait and see how he behaves now - if the weirdness continues, then I'd ask him what's going on.

Best of luck!