Texting cheating when I don't say anything wrong?

I have been with my boyfriend for 5 years we have a daughter together, last night he went through my phone looking at text message me and a male friend wrote I never said anything out the ordinary to him but he has called me baby in the text message. Would it be consider cheating? About a month ago, he was drunk and sent me a text saying I'm horny I understand this is disrespectful but I'm not doing anything wrong. Also he lives in Florida and I live in Connecticut how is this cheating?

What Guys Said 1

• While you can't control what other people say to you, you can only control how you react to it. If I read about some guy telling my girlfriend that he was horny, and him calling her baby I wouldn't flat out consider that cheating. I would, however quickly come to the conclusion that she was cheating with him because why else would he be saying those things and why else would she allow him to say those things. I know that I for one don't go around telling my female friends that I'm horny, but I do tell my girlfriend that...so it's make me wonder.

What Girls Said 1

• I think perhaps your boyfriend is upset about this because you're getting sexual attention from another person. I guess he would wonder why you allowed him to say these things to you, and whether or not you said these things to him as well. It's not really cheating unless you reciprocate, feelings emerge in the process, or you somehow end up having sex with this guy. But he can consider it cheating if you're allowing him to openly flirt with and be lewd to you without stating that you're upset about it. Otherwise, there's nothing wrong with talking to other people regardless of their sex.