What is he trying to say and what should I do?

ok so I apologize for the length. but bear with me please. I need some advice! :) my boyfriend and I were happy and doing well but then I had to move in december. we talked about if we should do long distance or just break up and he said he still really liked me and that we should stay together until we both felt like breaking up was necessary.

then about a month later we broke up. we stayed pretty close friends (although it was a little stressful) and in about a month he asked another girl out. but they never went on a date and he told me he wanted to break up with her and he still really missed me. they broke up like 3 days after he asked her.

so then it was like we were still dating. we wanted to be going out but we were so far apart.

about 2 weeks ago we were as close as ever but then about a week and a half ago he dropped off in the middle of several text conversations (he almost never does that). then he didn't call or text or anything for the rest of the week. he said happy Easter this sunday and we talked for a little bit but he just didn't seem like he really cared about talking to me. he just seemed really dull. and then we haven't talked since.

i still like him but this is really confusing me. I'm getting annoyed and tired of it.

i am totally lost. I wish he would just say so if he doesn't want to talk to me anymore. what do I do?

What Guys Said 1

• If he isn't responding well to the phone at the moment, why not write him a letter and mail it? He'll have something that he can look over time and again, as it sounds like his feelings for you he's yet to figure out. Tell him in the letter how much you enjoy spending time together and talking. Whatever you do, you don't want to get all mushy with your feelings, as that's something that will only make his choice all that more complex and confusing. I recommend keeping it simple and remind him of all the wonderful experiences you've shared and have yet to share. Sweetz, is also, more or less correct I think in her observations. Give it a little more time, but ease up on the phone until he starts to take a little initiative in that department.

What Girls Said 1

• It sounds to me like there are a lot of feelings in this relationship and by you having to move it took its toll on both of you. By him asking out another person it sounds like it was his way of trying to let go but it didn't work then the two of you started to get close and that was to stressful for him which is why he has totally been distant it like the old saying out of site out of mind except with you its like out of contact the easier it is to get over the pain. Talking to you could be very painful for him, and he doesn't know how to tell you that. Yes he should be a man and say what he feels but most men don't because that would be what they call a sign of weakness. I think you should respect his actions and give him this time to his self if its meant to be it will be.