Should I date him or leave it alone..?

Ok so there's this guy at my school. His name is Mike. Everyone says he's a wicked player and a couple of my friends have dated him and have nothing nice to say. Kristen said he spread rumors about her when she dumped him and Carley said he cheated on her. But it was four years ago when he cheated...im so confused..help!

Most Helpful Guy

• the bottom answer of the guys is spot on, you KNOW he is no good for you, you are not confused, you have a situation similar to doing drugs, it is quite obvious is a wrong thing to do, but you want to try it for the exitement, and yes, it is also valid, but don't play dumb, you know it is wrong and you know what you are getting into, just be CAREFUL and once you make your choice live with it, because you can not say latter that you were not warned, and yes, as cold as it sounds, don't come latter to ask "how do I make him change?" = YOU DONT, or "is he playing with me?" =VERY LIKELY, "why would he...?" = you knew it was comming, and please, don t ever come with "how do I get back at him for what he did to me?" = you are NOT the victim, you choose to swim along the sharks, enjoy the thrill, try avoiding the jaws, if you are injured patch it up and hopefully learn from your mistake.

What Guys Said 21

• if they are your friends and you trust them then you should trust what you're hearing. sure he may have cheated four years ago, but if he's a player and still talking crap about people then why even run that risk? While there are certainly times when a reputation can be more rumor than truth in this case if most of your friends are saying the same thing than you can assume it's probably true.

• If you have any doubts I think you should date him. Everyone should have at least one tragic teenage romance so they can answer the basics such as this question.

• I swear only females think like this. No dude I have ever met would go for the female equivalent of this guy but most females will. What reason would you possibly set yourself up for failure like this? Can you not find a guy that might actually care about you?

• Lol...we already know you're going to date him.

• For future reference, leave all names of people and places out, one of them might read this or know someone who does. It also makes you seem less mature than you probably are.

• consider the reasons why you want to date him. really think about it. if you're up for being played make sure to use protection at least. don't want to have to see another teen pregnancy

• The fact that you've posted this on here already shows that you have doubts. A contradiction of things to say. one it is said that it's not wise to listen to idle gossip, 2. There's no smoke without fire.

Generally I'm from the school of hands off friends ex's but whatever.

• Normally I'd say these were wild rumors, but in this case you seem to have two eyewitnesses (Kristen & Carley). Too many decent people out there for you to date instead getting mixed up with this guy.

• there are plenty of guys out there but if you really like him and want to be more than a friend go for it don't let some one stop you from doing what you feel is right but just keep your eyes open because you never no what someones true intentions are.

• Well first off your seeing red flags. Any red flags need to be taken very seriously. second, once a cheater always a cheater. Do not do this to yourself. Your setting yourself up for another failed relationship if you do. when more than one person says this guy mike is no good, believe them because that's the red flag warnings.

• i also have a mate called mike like that but these people are the people are the people who use you because you are pretty and lets say a shag. they may act nice and want to know about you and act nice and inocent but they are mainly after one thing ; )

• If you don't believe even your own friends, you won't have anyone to turn to if it's gonna go wrong.

• Itsa simple logic, if knowing the facts also you be with him, then its just like you have close your eyes. You should leave him

• If your that immature to date him, then why not

• I can't believe you even have to ask this question

• Sounds like you want what you know you shouldn't have.

• just don't. All of those bad things about him were said for a reason

• Leave him. Don't get played

• So, a couple of your friends have dated him, and speak badly of it. Everyone says he's a player, and he cheats and spreads rumors.

Sounds fabulous! I'm sure he'll make a kind, loyal boyfriend.

• It's not a good idea to date a friends' ex without their permission. Do it at your own discretion...however, you're 14..you shouldn't be so concentrated on dating, you're not even supposed to be on this site

• Leave it alone!

How many reasons do you need to avoid a proven a**hole?

How can you possibly be confused by this?

Oh I know... your teenage hormones - you're attracted to the bad boy, just like other idiot girls before you.

Well go ahead, date him, just don't come back to GAG looking for sympathy when he treats you like crap.

What Girls Said 0