Guys: How long should I wait?

This guy and I have been communicating for awhile...four months straight (Sept to Dec of last year). There was a period where I thought I'd test him & didn't text him...he texted after two days. Late Nov of last year, his ex came back into the picture. She's a real wacko...I didn't text him for almost a solid month, just because she was being weird.

I FBmessaged him mid January and we've been communicating through there ever since. He's brought up things we've talked about in the past - little phrases & funny things...I 'used his line' once & he's like "Did you just use my line?" & then I go "Yeah, you mad bro? LOL" & he's like "Lol I'm surprised you remembered."

The other night, he was hanging with his buds, but still chatting with me. But then last night, he was hanging with them again, but didn't reply...which is fine. I'm probably annoying...which I try not to be! =( So, I decided, especially with today being Vday...ugh...that I'd try giving him a break again.

How long should I wait for him to message me first...few days? A week? before I know that he isn't interested/friendly anymore? Or is it different since its FBmessanger and not texting?

Most Helpful Guy

• Are you interested in the guy romantically? If so, why not just ask him if he sees you as a possible girlfriend?

• I did ask him that back when we were still texting in that four month period. He was only looking for a friend to text...not wanting to creep him out (or lose him as a friend), when he asked me, I agreed on the friendship reasoning...I know that relationships start (or should) as friends...right?

• I wish I had better news for you, but yes, you should listen to me on this one. It's hard for a guy that has emotionally attached to a girl to let go. I've learned how to do it, and it's f***ing hard. This guy sounds like he can't. If he can't get over her, he'll never commit to you no matter how pretty and how nice you are to him.

• alright...thanks. Happy V Day Ha =P

What Guys Said 3

• If you like someone...you don't test them or play games or think your annoying or think he is annoying. Tell him you're interested and your question will be solved either good or bad. Don't wait. Waiting too long is stupid and can give wrong messages.

• he was interested but your "test" killed that. he is more than likely talking to you now to be polite sorry?

• I would do it sonnet rather than later

What Girls Said 2

• If you usually message each other quite often, I would give it about a week. If he does not initiate contact with you, chances are he's not interested.

• Anyone who's still somehow involved with their ex, especially a "whacky" one is a big no-no to me..