How many of you woman have intentionally strung a guy along with no intent to ever date?

If you have for what purpose? What did you gain from it and did you feel the slightest bit guilty?

Most Helpful Girl

• Once, but he was a manwhore. I had fun flirting with him and thought somewhere in the back of my mind I may be able to date him someday since he was very attractive and we had a lot of mutual friends. I didn't really feel guilty, because he's a huge slut so it's not like he was hurting for female attention. I think that if I would have dated him like he kept asking, he'd has lost enjoyment in pursuing me. So it was kind of an entertainment thing for both of us.

What Girls Said 3

• I have, and yes I did and do feel guilty..but it wasn't for a ego boost, it was actually to try and take my mind off of this one guy that I couldn't stop thinking about :-(.

• Nope, though I've done it a few times unintentionally:P

• Yes, many times actually. But I do it only with players. I would never do it to a good guy.

What Guys Said 1

• What do you consider 'stringing along'.

Honestly, you have to -let- someone do this to you. If you're not escalating to the point of being shot down, that's your fault. And if you're getting shot down, you're not being strung along.

• I agree to some extent. I was shot down, and walked away. She calls me up one day and asks if I want to go to a coffee shop. I say yes, it never happened. Several times we hae made plans, most of the time it never happens. Everytime I walk away she calls and wants to do something. I honestly think that she wants me as a friend and keeps dangling the prospect of dating as a way to try and keep me around. She flirts non stop with me, especially if I am getting frustrated. Lesson learned

• A good rule of thumb for girls like this is, if they're not touching your d***, it means nothing.