How many of you woman have intentionally strung a guy along with no intent to ever date?

If you have for what purpose? What did you gain from it and did you feel the slightest bit guilty?

0|1
4|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Once, but he was a manwhore. I had fun flirting with him and thought somewhere in the back of my mind I may be able to date him someday since he was very attractive and we had a lot of mutual friends. I didn't really feel guilty, because he's a huge slut so it's not like he was hurting for female attention. I think that if I would have dated him like he kept asking, he'd has lost enjoyment in pursuing me. So it was kind of an entertainment thing for both of us.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• I have, and yes I did and do feel guilty..but it wasn't for a ego boost, it was actually to try and take my mind off of this one guy that I couldn't stop thinking about :-(.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, though I've done it a few times unintentionally:P

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, many times actually. But I do it only with players. I would never do it to a good guy.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• What do you consider 'stringing along'.

Honestly, you have to -let- someone do this to you. If you're not escalating to the point of being shot down, that's your fault. And if you're getting shot down, you're not being strung along.

0|0
    0|0
    • I agree to some extent. I was shot down, and walked away. She calls me up one day and asks if I want to go to a coffee shop. I say yes, it never happened. Several times we hae made plans, most of the time it never happens. Everytime I walk away she calls and wants to do something. I honestly think that she wants me as a friend and keeps dangling the prospect of dating as a way to try and keep me around. She flirts non stop with me, especially if I am getting frustrated. Lesson learned

• A good rule of thumb for girls like this is, if they're not touching your d***, it means nothing.