The honeymoon phase...

So someone brought up the honeymoon phase to me which got me thinking. Have all of my relationships ended so early because I never even had that honeymoon phase? I'm always interested in guys the week or two I'm talking to them and typically things don't work out but in the random case that they do and we date I get bored after a month. I never have that giddy girly feeling in the first month or whatever that most girls do. Is this what makes me always break up with someone so easily? I don't have that excitement and little feeling that keeps my interest for me to get far enough into it before the honey moon phase ends. Does this make sense? I really like my boyfriend I do, but I don't have that excitement and whatever. Its just like we're dating and that's how it is. I don't care if he sees me in pajamas or whatever. Does this just mean I'm going to get even MORE bored in a month or two. Am I really in the honey moon phase and I don't realize it? Cause I mean he texts me all the time and wants to be all over me all the time when we're together, but I could go a day or two without being all over him and I don't have to talk to him all the time to be happy. I have yet to meet someone who is like me on this except maybe a guy. I always say I'm more like a guy when it comes to relationships. I don't know though. Just help. Please. haha. I need some encouragement.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• First of all, don't worry. =) The "honeymoon" phase -- or infatuation phase -- duration is different for everyone. It's exciting; you're getting to know the other person, what they like or don't like, et cetera. The trick is working through it after the feelings begin to subside. It gets better, believe me! After the infatuation phase, things get more comfortable and you begin to really bond (at least in my opinion) in order to have a worthwhile relationship. They become your best friend, if they're the right person, and you'll soon wonder how you ever lived without them. I'm sure I could say more, but I don't want to bore you ;)

Also, I find the infatuation phase to be my favorite as well. So you're not alone. =]

• Yeah but I think you might have misinterpreted me. I believe all of what you said, but I find that when I date guys I have no infatuation phase. I'm always comfortable with them right away and they are the same with me. That's why I think I might break up with guys a lot because typically that early infatuation is what gets you to the 1 and 2 month point you know? And by then you don't want to just break up cause youve put time into it even though you're bored. I'm pretty much bored already though..

• Oh, okay.

Well, it's fine. Eventually you'll find someone who makes your head spin. Trust me. =)