Can you blame me for not trusting women?

I have been cheated on by females, beaten up by their boyfriend's, they have stolen from me, and have bullied me emotionally and mentally. I am so guarded now because of my experiences with women, I am unable to trust them and don't know if I ever will again. I'm 23 in college, I don't believe I will ever date again. Every woman I come into contact with I get scared of them, can you blame for not trusting females? Will my dating life suffer?

Most Helpful Girl

• Awh I understand where you're coming from, I've been cheated on twice and I thought I was dating a good guy. Not all girls are the same, where are you meeting these girls? Maybe just try focusing on yourself like school and stuff, you'll meet a great girl there's some out there!

What Girls Said 5

• I have been rejected by men. Put my heart on the line. I have been made fun of by superficial men. Do you see my writing a sob story? No...I keep trying and have learned to not give a SH**. It's really a matter of faith. Either you believe you will eventually find the right person one day or you don't believe that. Either way time keeps moving so hopefully you do believe there is someone better for you and ditch those trust issues. You're too good to let them win. Don't let the women from your past determine your entire view of women. Try to change that and learn from those decisions.

• no you can't be blamed for not trusting females but yes your dating life can suffer if you allow yourself to judge new females based on previous experiences. not all women are alike you just attract yourself to all of the wrong ones if you do decide to venture out and date again be caution and aware of your surroundings when it comes to the ladies but you shouldn't judge a person without getting to know them. don't go in wide open but don't go in completely closed out

• I'm cautious of everyone period, I don't trust men either.

• i don't blame you bu you might have been looking for the worng girls. I think everybod should a least once put their feelings aside and see if he/she is the right person for them, if the person is nice overall.

you might want to see if the girl is smart, honest, respectful, easy going and other aspects like that before seeing if she's hot or something else.

• Once you put your feelings out there, you get disappointed. I'm not doing that again.

• I have gorten disappointed a bunch of times but a thing is happeenng right now that might make me think it was worth it.

• I'm still not doing it, I don't trust anybody.

• I don't think it's terribly wrong to be distrusting of people just because of their membership to a group (in this case, women), assuming that distrust doesn't lead you to treat someone negatively when they haven't done anything to you. But unfortunately, that happens pretty easily. A guy might justify their distrust for women by saying it's because women are inherent liars or something, just like some girls justify their distrust for men by saying it's because they're all a**holes/pigs.

Just remember, you don't have to stereotype a group and promote hate towards them to prove that it's okay to distrust them. You can just distrust them and leave it at that! There are certain types of people I avoid for self-preservation reasons, but I don't go around telling other people that they should, too.

• I didn't say I hate women, I don't trust them. Those are two different things.

• That's exactly what I'm saying, haha. I just went on a ramble based off of what's common. Sorry if it sounded like preaching *towards* you :)

• Lol It's fine.

• I don't blame you for not trusting women. I'm a girl and I don't trust a lot of girls I go to school with. I hate to say that your dating life might suffer from this. Speaking for myself I like a confident guy who will look me in the eyes and not at the ground. I have been hurt many times by both girls and boys and it sucks but learned to always expect the worst and when the Big Bad it doesn't hurt as much.

What Guys Said 1

• i feel sorry for you about getting jumped, would love to challenge those girls boyfriends to a fight

• I had to switch schools, I got beat up a lot. I don't even approach women anymore because I think they're liars.