Dudes, how can I tell if a guy wants to date me or just sleep with me?

I've been single for a while now, and have had a few dudes that seem interested but they just don't make a move, or some of them are a bit too over-bearing. How can I tell if one wants to date me, or if they just want to do the no pants dance?

Most Helpful Guy

• I assume that as long as they can hang out with you without going home with each other that you can keep dating without that worry.

• listen to the man he sure has a good point here...

• Thanks yeah. It helps in a lot of ways too. You can find out common interests, see if both people generally want to be around each other, and also notice that he isn't "in it for one thing." The guy wanting to just sleep around won't hang out with the girl who is not up for going home. The guy wanting someone more won't have a problem spending time outside of the home.

What Guys Said 4

• If all your conversations are generally going towards sex, I think it's obvious he only wants in your pants.

• Well a good way of knowing is if he is too eager, or almost tries to tell you what you want to hear just to make you get into bed with him. Go for the guys that seem most genuine, in person you can read their body language too, and it tells a lot of their intentions.

• if you are going for good looking guys then they want to sleep with you .

• Well, most of the time, it's not going to be obvious, even to other guys.

But if a guy doesn't try to genuinely get to know you as a person and ONLY flirts without ever just talking, that's a bad sign, in my opinion.

This may seem counter-intuitive but I would avoid the overbearing type and take a shot with the guys who only "seem" interested. There's nothing wrong with YOU making a move.

What Girls Said 0