Fantasy will stop marriages

Has fantasy given women a un-realistic expectation on the men they choose. Does celeb watchers only scream and desire their heart throb, or do they still posses the ability to separate fantasy and dream dates to reality and real dates. Have men accepted that women expect far to much due to their teenage heart throb who they followed for years passing out at every site of them. Because some women have eyes for one dream heart throb, Mr pattison and refuse to date until their so called love for him dies or they die, is this the case for many, or is this just the case for the insanely deluded. Do women still want normal men with a day job, or are they now seeking the fairy tale of princess status.

Most Helpful Girl

• We want a man that loves us for who we are. Genuinely loves us and accepts us. Someone we can trust to protect us. Someone who listens and notices the little things we don't say. someone who wants the best for us and motivates us. Challenges us to be better. Inspires us to be great at the things we're great at. I want just want someone real, who sincerely cares for me and couldn't imagine being with anyone but me. Is that a fairy tale? perhaps...

• Wow what a comment, I sure hope you find that guy, because if I had to name the qualities I wanted from a girl, it would be in your words just spoken, I'm not sure what to say to this as it was unexpected, but perfect in its demand, I salute,x

• What makes it even more difficult? People who don't know what they want, aren't ready for commitment but are too selfish to admit they are only in a relationship because they aren't being comfortable with being single.

• I don't know, this might not make sense, but I am totaly comfortable being single, but settling down has its appeals also just as much as I am comfortable, but yes, people do rush relationships and end up on the wrong side of what was once good, main reason for remaining single I suppose, not found that person you described but in a woman lol,x

What Girls Said 3

• It all depends on the women and the status they live in of life. If they want the "look", if they want the "sugar daddy", if they want "prince charming"... I can say for myself, I want down to earth. A man who can dress up when needed, yet wear sandles and socks or coveralls while working on the property, or up in mountain with gear. I think everyone wants appeal, and does want to be be sexually attracted to thier mate, but being happy, trusting, respected, and knowing they are there is also important.

• I sure hope so, marriage is so limiting, we need expand our conscious.

• lol but surely wanting what is unreachable isn't expanding, more like reducing?

• Maybe when we were 16. But as we grow older we want different things in a relationship.

• so maturity comes along eventually, that's a fair answer, but do you still look for someone simular, or are and is everything you look for totaly different due to maturity,x

What Guys Said 1

• yes they do have a disconnect from reality, It's because of the collapse of marriage. Marriage gave men incentive to be productive, protective, monogamous and involved in society, It gave women incentive to curb their hypergamy and be monogamous. Men are still expected to perform their roll, we even have laws to force them, but women are now openly encouraged to be as hypergamous as their hearts desire.

How, why etc.. is a topic much to large for this forum, its not a matter of fault but rather a matter of ignorance. In any case it doesn't really matter because any society that has trounced the institution of marriage has collapsed to dust, the cultures who hold traditional marriage rolls remain strong, adaptive and have stood for many thousands of years. It's even thought that the neanderthals went extinct because of this.

• A very educated response I guess, so fantasy can destroy what marriage created these days, is that what your saying?

• something like that yeah