Thinking of other cute guys when you have a boyfriend, normal?

I have a great boyfriend and we've been dating for 7 months. he's not bad looking, however, I keep wondering how it would be like to have my dream guy. There's a certain type of guy that makes my heart melt and I would like to try to date more of those kind of guys before I settle down. I'm 21 By the way. I don't like even thinking of breaking up with my boyfriend because we have such a good conection. but why do I keep thinking of other guys then? I feel awful, is something wrong with me? we've been dating for awhile so it's harder to just take a break and plus he would be devasted. how do I resolve when I don't want to let him go but also want to experience more guys.

devastated*

Most Helpful Guy

• ah man, that would kill me if I found out I had a girlfriend who wasn't actually thinking of me. I know some guys wouldn't care because they see it as them getting laid either way, but yeah it would bother me

What Guys Said 2

• Just ask yourself how seriously you're thinking about other guys. It's obv normal to notice other attractive people but not to really want to be with someone else. If you really think you're just settling for this guy then break up and move on. You're 21

• Tell him you want to still have sex with him and still see other men, and that he can see other women too.

Problem solved.

What Girls Said 1

• Its fine to think of other guys, just don't act on those feelings. Only like think that way when he's out of town and you're stuck with a battery operated boyfriend.