Girls: Would you date a guy just because he is wealthy?

If you found yourself in a situation where a nice wealthy guy wanted to date you but you had eyes for another guy would you:

• Pick the wealthy guy because he's nice and you can grow to love him
  • Pick the guy who you already really like (have eyes for)

Most Helpful Guy

• At the end of the day, when will you girls realize that money just buys material. I am not denying the fact that having money is nice, however when it comes to finding a person to spend the rest of your life with, someone who truly loves you AND who you love, is much greater. If given the choice, I'd would choose real and long-lasting love, than being a billionaire and ending up alone or someone just being with me for money.

What Guys Said 7

• I would date a girl if she was wealthy. it's money and I never say no to easy money

• Well. Wealth and love is two different things, in long run only real. And true love survives.

• Of course women would pick the wealth guy. It's just a fact for most girls. Sure some might not, the few who actually have real standards and principle, but there are far more shallow people in this world than there are non-shallow people. That goes for guys too.

• 71% of people lie. There have been studies to show that women are more attracted to rich men.

• I think, no.

• In sure half the girls would go for the wealthy guy

• Most girls on gag will just lie and say they wouldn't... in real life they would. Check out almost every celebrity man, fat, ugly or handsome has a girl far hotter than them and usually far younger than them

• Yep, most girls are liars and most guys are honest. And now let's go back to kindergarten.

• Answerer, grow up please.

What Girls Said 15

• Never. Money means nothing if it means you have to sacrifice the joy, chemistry and magic from a true connection. He can't be lazy (must work and support himself), but sugar daddies are completely overrated. I can't understand women in their 20s who date old men for their money.

• Nope... Not worth a fake love on both ends... It's grose.. It's like when a 42 year old man dates a 21 year old woman... You just know your doing something wrong and shouldn't be able to live with yourself

• But... 42!

• @Answerer I am sorry to say this, but the question as about money not age!

I wish when you be older and MATURE enough you'll know the def!

• if your going to insult my maturity than don't abbreviate your words like a high schooler... I went on a date with a guy 5/6 years older than myself tonight because I'm looking for someone mature and serious and when a guy is 29-33 is typical for NYC.. I was basically hinting towards looking for a guy who serious.. I don't find men who date half their ages to be serious or they're at least have delayed maturity...That's honestly the truth... Poor/middle class men twice your age may settel but so ru

• I think it depends on whether or not the other guy had feelings for me. If he didn't or I was pretty sure he didn't I'd give the wealthy guy a chance. But if the guy I originally liked did have feelings for me I would obviously go out with him. If I was unsure I guess I would grow a pair and find out. But if I got shot down by the guy I liked then I'd at least go on one date with the nice rich guy to see if our personalities mesh. If he thinks I'm worth his time he could be worth mine.

• No.

• Ugh, I really don't give a f*** about wealth when it comes to relationships. Great partners will always find a way TOGETHER, even if they're both broke.

• That's the greatest joke I've ever heard. No one is gonna believe you, not even God himself.

• SwissCheeze, you're another obvious example of a poor pathetic guy who won't get laid and now takes out his frustration on all women. PA-THE-TIC. Go back to the middle ages, you sexist piece of sh*t, alright? :)

• Thank you, Blubb.

• No. I wouldn't.

Surprised more of the guys didn't say "women will pick yes because they want money and most are gold diggers."

• Never.

• Money doesn't make the problems of life go away, nor does it make a relationship any better.

• depends on if it's a long or short term thing you're planning for..

• NO

• No never date for money that the person your into money is just money and its nohing but paper.

• LOL stupid question A ofcourse

• I would date both of them

• I would choose the guy I already have feelings for and have my eye on, because sure money is great, but it's not the main thing that keeps a relationship going.

and money can't always buy happiness that's forsure

• I've actually run into this problem very recently.

In my case the guy in question isn't "wealthy", but more so very determined and ambitious (he's going to school to be a pilot and will eventually be wealthy). While the guy that I love is not so ambitious (I had to force him to fill out his college application :/ ) and is a lot more dreamy (his head is always in the clouds).

What I have done is kept in contact with the determined guy (who I dated for a while when me and my boyfriend split) and stayed with the one that I love. I can say from experience though that he decision isn't as clear cut as it seems. Sometimes I wonder if I made the right choice to stay with the one that I love even though I know that I will probably have to work to help support him in the future (he wants to be a chef but like I said he isn't very ambitious at all). I'll just have to see how it plays out I guess lol

• I can't even find words that describe what you sounded like.

• @OP - that's exactly how I feel! The soon to be pilot is basically the male version of myself so it's not like we don't have anything in common, but at the same time I don't love him. As far as the other guy he'd make a great husband and father (both have told me that they would marry me when I finished school in a few years), but I feel like I'd be the one taking care of the family in that relationship

• @your answer to me - To be perfectly honest, I'd not have any trouble making a choice. I'd go with the one I love, I don't need my partner to have a successful career, I can rely on myself for that. If I love the lazy slob then lazy slob it is.