Do you heckle your friends/family because of who they're dating?

If a friend or a family member starts dating someone you don't like or don't approve of, do you heckle them for it?

Maybe you don't think their partner is attractive or smart, funny or nice. Maybe you think (s)he is a dork or a loser.

Do you tease and make fun of your friend/family because they're with that person?

Do you make fun of their partner around them?

If you have been picked on for this, how did you handle it?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• I voted No...

But its a mix.

I Do not heckle my friends.

I have bugged my mother about her choices...

But then, she makes worse decisions then I do.

What Guys Said 2

• I did it just once and after that I stayed out of it. I didn't approve of a former friend's ex boyfriend and needless to say of course, she didn't like it.

• My bro dates a great guy, my sister married a great guy and treated him like crap and now she is with a gold digger loser and I am not liked by my gf's lazy hypocritical sister and mother. I franky don't care if we ever speak another word but I never heckled my siblings or friends for who they date except for one friend who had a witch of a wife. He had to ask permission to piss from her.

What Girls Said 9

• No, never. Stuff like that always comes back to haunt you if you do. Nothing worse then sitting down to a family meal and someone has a little too much to drink and blurts out well my sister thinks your an a**hole too.

• I wouldn't heckle...but my entire group is known to individually sit down with a friend and talk to them about the person they are dating if the person isn't good for them. lol

I wouldn't and no one I know would heckle a person. But if the person someone is dating is mean or bad for some reason then everyone I know would have a serious talk. Happened to me once! It was annoying at first but I'm grateful.

• I kind of do with my sister. I suggest different dating options and whatnot. When she brings him up I basically cut her off and tell her I don't want to hear about it. He's controlling, manipulative, and their relationship is overall unhealthy and unproductive. But she insists that she loves him, and I insist that she get a reality check and a self-esteem boost because she can do way better than that piece of--UGH. Just thinking about it pisses me off.

• I would only say something if I believed the person was actually mean or not a good person, or I noticed them treating my friend badly. But even then, I wouldn't "heckle". It would be a serious conversation.

• maybe, if they were dating Justin beiber

• I only comment negatively if I think there is a serious problem. If the person does not fit my standards or taste, that's why I'm not dating them and someone else is. It's none of my business who my friends and family date unless it's very clear that they're in a damaging relationship.

• I should note that crushes are fair game though. Me and my friends tease each other over crushes all the time.

• I accidentally hit yes...I meant no. -_-

I won't make fun of, or be mean toward friends/family for who they chose to date but I will tell them if I don't think the person is good for them.

By "not good" I mean if they're abusive (physically or verbally), controlling, manipulative, freeloaders, liars, cheaters, etc...

• I tend to believe that people learn best through their own mistakes and choices. I don't heckle people for who they chose to date. If they ask my opinion about them I will give it to them honestly. But I won't ever try to cause them grief about who they have chosen to start and make relationships with.

• well I can only think of one time, my best friend had a dead beat boyfriend and she would pay for everything for him... and I could tell they didn't have chemistry, he was just using her, I tried telling her this, but she was OK with it. So as long as she wasn't going to get hurt, I backed off... usually its my friends that make horrible gf's... I try to be happy for people when they are in love and dating... as long as its real.