How long to wait for contact after first date?

I had a first date with a guy 3 days ago. We kissed at the end of the date but I haven't heard from him since. Is he just not interested?Should I break contact if so what should I say?

Most Helpful Guy

• Why do you contact him as ask him?

Situations like this I think are commonly a big Mexican standoff. Both the guy and the girl are thinking exactly what you are thinking. Both are interested, but unsure what the other is thinking, both hoping the other will break the silence and contact them first. However, typically due to social norms and gender roles, its the guy who is expected to break this silence. That means, you end up with a guy who is a bit shy, and you'll find yourself not getting anywhere.

Contact him, ask if he wants to hang out again. If he refuses, well then you know where you stand and can stop wondering and sweating over what he's thinking. Just because you're a girl doesn't mean you can't take initiative. As a matter of fact a lot of guys would have a ton of respect for a girl who after we asked her on date one, made the arrangements for date two. Huge browny points in my book. Not because I'm shy either, but because I like to see her make some effort that tells me our future relationship will not revolve around me being her servant.

What Guys Said 8

• Call and ask him out. If he isn't interested, he'll likely say no.

There is no set period of time to wait. I generally call within 48 hours just to check if she doing ok.

• 1. There is no set time on anything.

2. Yes, maybe he doesn't like you.

3. Don't force it.

4. Don't do anything.

5. Go live your life without obsession.

6. You can always go speak to him directly ONLY and see if there is chemistry but the best thing is to just go live your life.

7. Com plete ly

• He must be really busy, or he wants to take things slow because it's just the first date.

• Kissing on first date lol?

• Why don't you call him and see if he answers the phone. If he answers tell him that you were just seeing how he was doing and then go from there. If he doesn't answer leave a message saying you were calling to just say hi.

• Don't contact men unless you have already been seeing them for a while.

• you should break contact if he can't make time in three days to call you he doesn't deserve you

• why not have a backup date incase if the guy flakes

What Girls Said 3

• Just relax and give it time. Don't text him first at all. If he doesn't text or call you in a few more days, assume he wasn't really feeling it and move on. But again, no contacting him first.

It was only the first date. You aren't even "serious" or close to it until he asks you for date 2, 3, etc.

• He might not want to look needy or something. Message him asking did he enjoy it and would be like to do it again.. If you get an negative response then get rid of him.. But you honestly should give him a chance first.

• i would not contact him because I don't think he's interested. if you don't hear from him by the end of the week he isn't interested and if he waits longer than that to get to you he is just toying with you and using you as a casual option. I would think that once you kiss you should hear from him within a day or two