Do you reply to texts when your busy?

Do you reply to texts when your busy or can it sometimes take hours for you to reply or sometimes can you be so busy that you read a text and think "I will reply to that later" and completely forget about it?

I don't think I'm getting ignored as the last texts from her the other night she was making conversation asking questions like how I was etc which doesn't seem to be what someone would do if they wanted to ignore someone / stop contact..

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes when I'm busy I'll read the text and plan to reply to it when I have free time. I do forget to respond in those cases, but not usually if it's a romantic interest. Something I will do, though, is read the message, plan out a reply, and then forget I didn't actually send the reply. So then I'll sit around pouting that the person is ignoring me, when I'm the unintentional ignore-er. Give her another text - something like, "does that sound okay?" if you made plans, or you can ask a follow-up question. If she simply forgot to respond, she should respond soon after, even if it's just to say "Sorry, I'm busy. Text you later." If she doesn't respond, then I would question her interest in having further communications with you.

• I might send a different message to see if it jogs her memory on replying to my question so I don't seem to be asking the same thing

• Nope. You already texted her back, so the ball's back in her court. She knows you're interested. So when she's free again, she will text you if she's interested in meeting up. If you keep texting her she'll wonder why you're badgering her when she told you she was busy, and you'll come across as clingy - and that would make even someone who was interested have second thoughts.

• thanks I will just try & forget about her for now. Its hard to do when you do really like someone and you want to see them. Hopefully she is still interested in me and not just trying to let me down gently by saying "hopefully meet up another time". She did agree to meet up with me before canceling and she did seem to genuinely want to meet up saying twice how good it would be. Before agreeing to meet up she did keep saying "hopefully see you soon". Anyway fingers crossed she does still want to

What Girls Said 3

• I reply even when I'm busy and if the person is worth talking to for me..the only time I don't reply to texts is if I'm at work and I cant, or talking to that person or answering that person isn't that important to me. A girl can easily text a guy and ask him how he is you know small talk and it doesn't mean nothing remember its just a text really.

• I try to reply on texts especially when I'm busy to not let the other person think something that they did wrong. Sometimes they are moments when you have some much stuff going on in your head, that you can forget to back to that person. On the other hand, if its a crush or someone that you are interested in, then try to get back to them asap but in a simple quick reply so it won't give them the wrong idea.

• I always reply to texts as soon as I can. If it takes me a while to respond, it means I was either sleeping, bathing, or working. Even if I'm busy, I'll reply with, "I'm busy, I'll text you later," or something similar so they know I'm not ignoring them. I think it's rude to ignore someone. I'd rather be told to f*ck off than to be ignored.

• I would also like to be told that, would make things so much easier, especially when you have both agreed to meet up on the weekend and then you stop hearing from them... Makes you feel like crap as you don't know what's happening and you don't want to seem clingy / annoying by texting again or phoning after you have text the same question..

• I wish more people thought this way. I'm going to just try and put it to the back of my mind before it starts affecting me but its hard to do when you like someone and you know they did like you and then nothing...

• I'm sorry, that sucks.

Can't do anything if she doesn't respond though :-\

What Guys Said 2

• I don't reply if I don't have time. If it was urgent they could call.

• well its not urgent yet really.

• I often have to switch my phone off for hours when I'm busy at something. It can definitely happen that a text will slip my mind.

• best not to worry then... She seems interested going by the last messages I received. I want to call her instead but at the same time don't want to incase its not what she wants with being busy and thinking I'm desperate to talk / chat to her instead of waiting for her to reply if you know what I mean..