Should I focus on getting a job before starting to date?

Dating seems expensive and I'm not sure if I have any cheap solutions.

Most Helpful Guy

• yes find a job first, I've had girls show genuine interest in me when I first met them (laughing at my horrible jokes, constantly playing with their hair, touching my arm as much as possible) only to completely turn ice cold the MOMENT they found out I was unemployed (right after I graduated while I was job hunting...I have a job now). Actually now that I think about it I'm glad it happened that way haha. If you don't want something serious get a job, if you do want something serious it really shouldn't matter as long as you have a legitimate excuse why you don't have one.

What Girls Said 2

• Yeah, job first date later, unless you're in hs. Plus, with a job you'll generally attract more and better quality girls

• Uh,yeah! What,you expect the girl to pay for the date?

• Haha well you know. Maybe split the bill. ;)

What Guys Said 2

• If you're after a serious relationship, then yes, a job is really important.

If you're just after hookup, then it's not necessary. You can make a girl laugh into a bed.

• No man don't use your economy as an excuse not to find girls.