Is it true that most good men won't date a woman with kids?

Okay I have been in a two relationships sense I had my son and the men didn't seem to mind true they didn't work out but my son was never the reason. I was talking to this guy I have been friends with for awhile and he went on to tell me that a good man doesn't want a woman with a child so my question is how many guys feel the same way and why? I am independent and not looking for a daddy cause he has one so can I please get a little incite on the subject please.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have heard different. I am a single mom with two kids. I have had a few relationships in which I ended because they were too controlling. They were great with my kids. If a man really loves a woman be it he is a great guy or not he will accept everything about her including her kids. If he is not willing to do that then hey he really is not that into you.

What Guys Said 1

• Define "good man".

• Faithful, willing to commite, your typical good man, not your average self centered jerk, that is only in it for himself or to add you on to his list of many woman.

What Girls Said 2

• When I first started to date my husband, I asked him how he felt about me having a child. I was in my late twenties then and he was in his early thirties - he told me that the older he got, the more he expected to be with a woman who had children or baggage from previous relationships. He didn't think he was lowing his standards, he was just expanding his criteria. Single, sane, baggage free women his age were few and far between - I guess he felt his choices were extremely limited if he stuck with that only.

He did pretty good with me - I'm quite a catch, you know, lol.

• Most of the men I have dated didn't mind that I am a single mom. Most of the men I date are in there 30's also so...