What do you think of meeting someone online/online dating?

I realize it is 2013 and probably pretty common these days to meet someone online/date via the net. I like it because I can "window shop" so to say, but I am quite iffy about it...I mean, guess it all depends. I kind of think I would feel embarrassed to say I met my boyfriend online/dating site. Guess if it was the right guy and what not, I wouldn't feel that way. If it happens, I'll be sure to let you know :P So, what are your feelings on the subject? Any of you have any luck or misfortunes via online dating? Thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• I met my Boyfriend online and I'm not embarrassed :). he's awesome been together over a year and a half now and living together almost a year.

What Guys Said 3

• Online dating was a really niche thing when I was last single in the dark ages.

Its very common among single people I know now.

The people who get the most out of it also meet people offline as well. Its just a supplement.

• Ive been raped and robbed multiple times from online dating and also I've run into total perverts and freaks but online dating is one of the best ways of meeting someone and would not stop me from doing it again

• I dislike online dating because women are too extremely picky on those sites

What Girls Said 1

• I didn't personally try but my friend did. Sure it's a bit weird of at first but I'd say you warm up with the idea.

Most guys on it weren't really what she considered dating material but a handfull or two were and she ended up finding a really great guy. So I'd say give it a try.

I agree with what kheserthorpe said, if generallly a good but don't really meet a lot of guys in real life you'll get tons of offers if not well ...