Do you think most women online are not actually interested in meeting someone in person?

I think so. I've been a member of many online dating sites and have talked with at least 100 women (only maybe a dozen or so who ended up giving me their number) and it always ends with them just disappearing and no longer responding. It's frustrating and makes me think that most women with online dating profiles are only looking for an ego boost and aren't actually interested in a relationship.

Most Helpful Girl

• How quickly are you asking for their phone number? What types of messages are you sending them? My boyfriend used to do a lot of online dating, and he said many women were extremely cautious about giving out their phone numbers and meeting up in person. Not just for safety reasons, but because some guys on dating websites were only looking for sex. So in order to get them to open up (um, figuratively, that is) he would invest much more time getting to know them on a personal level before steering things toward real life interaction.

Some people do have online dating profiles just for fun. I was one of them. But wouldn't you know, that's exactly how I met my boyfriend. Even people who aren't that seriously into online dating will give it a shot if the right person comes along. It's all about how you present yourself, so just make yourself stand out. Girls on those websites get tons of messages like "hey pretty lady" or "wassup." Be the one to connect with her on a personal level, and deepen that relationship before you try to take things further.

What Girls Said 3

• Do you think most women online are not actually interested in meeting someone in person?

Yes as considering the person is a stranger, the prevalence of male on female violence, and victim-blaming and shaming gals get it's reasonable that most gals aren't actually interested in meeting some random d*ck in person.

"It's frustrating and makes me think that most women with online dating profiles are only looking for an ego boost and aren't actually interested in a relationship."

More likely they aren't looking for an ego boost as the majority of male responses seem to be sexual propositions and I doubt most gals get an ego boost from crude messages and being see as holes to bust a nut in. They probably are interested in a relationship but want to move at a certain pace until they feel safe enough to go in person.

• men and women. yes, a lot are just looking for attention.

• I don't know about "most," but I do know that for a lot of women, it just takes a really special case to make them feel #1. motivated and #2. safe.

Plus, online, it's just easier for people to be lazy in general :P And keeping a conversation going with a stranger doesn't come easily to everyone.

If you're worried about them just wanting an ego boost, then don't give them a bunch of looks-based compliments right off the bat.

What Guys Said 4

• Yep, I do. But I also think if you know how to look for the signs, you can always recognize them right away. Girls with short, generic profiles or nothing interesting to write, with one pretty pic are usually there just for attention, if they are real at all. Guys shouldn't stop using dating sites. They should learn how to use them properly until the attention getters get bored and leave, much like you see in any good topical forum, where attention whores get ignored and stop trolling. That will never happen in the greater internet, though, so the only thing a guy can do on dating sites is learn how to pass them individually.

• when women say theyre not interested, it doesn't mean theyre not interested.

it just means theyre not interested in you.

• I think that they are - as ever - competing for that top 20% of guys.

• Most women in general are just looking for attention and ego boost. This is not restricted to dating sites.