Are you open to dating more than one person at a time or do you prefer to see just one person?

Are you open to dating more than one person at a time or do you prefer to see just one person? Strictly dating, not relationship status. I myself will only date one girl at a time, won't see anybody else when I'm dating her.

Most Helpful Girl

• I tend to only date one guy at a time. I don't know how people date several at a time. I feel like it is unfair to both of us because how could I possible get to know them if I am juggling so many at once? It is already hectic for me to date so to add even more to the scenario is too much. I like giving someone my undivided attention plus I know right away whether I like them or not so to date other people I more than likely don't like as much just seems like a waste.

What Girls Said 29

• I find the date juggling to be unsatisfying and tiring. Once I get sprung on a guy, he's the only one I really want, so no one else is going to interest me. Which kind of sucks if whoever I've developed feelings for is unavailable for any reason.

• I've done both. If there is no discussed exclusivity then don't assume you are the only one in the picture. You might be or you might not be. I've had situations where I really liked a guy and we were dating around but he just did not want to do the boyfriend/girlfriend thing but still wanted to go out on dates (often enough very innocent ones). I liked him enough to go along with it but I didn't linger on it and went out on other dates with other people. At most I had dated 3 guys at once. BUT as soon as I find some one I want to put in serious investment of my time on, everyone else is cut off.

Its really a discussion on exclusivity. Do you(or I) want it or not. Dating isn't always about finding your "soulmate" or "that one" sometimes you gotta live your life, put that on a back burner and have fun. Let it out of your system that way when the right one comes a long you won't have second thoughts or "what if's" in the back of your mind.

I've been on dates with actors, directors, famous musicians, models and "eye candy" guys. Right now I am in a committed relationship with the most amazing guy I know. The same one that I knew for longer than a decade. And the fact that I know what else is out there and accessible to me, my eyes don't stray even though most people would admit that by my standards he may be an average Joe. But he's my amazing "average Joe". So date away ;)

• I don't really date people, and I basically just end up falling for one guy at a time. But, if I did date, I think I could definitely see a possibility in dating more than one guy at a time. That would kind of depend on the situation, however. I think that there would have to be 2 or 3 guys (won't go higher than 3, that would just confuse me) who have caught my interest, and I would only date them at the same time just to quickly figure out if I'm able to get a stronger connection with any of them. I would not try to lead them on, and I'm pretty sure that I'd be open about the fact that I'm dating several guys at the same time. I'd try to be as quick as possible to figure out which one I want to pursue the most, so that I wouldn't have to be completely exhausted and confused by juggling for too long. I don't think it would be an ideal situation for me though, since I actually quite like to take my time with one guy at a time. But, it is a possibility for me, yes.

• See what you're saying is okay, you're being honest about seeing other guys and you make sure not to lead them on.

• Yeah, exactly. It's good to make things clear right off the bat so that nobody will get hurt from it, especially since I know that there are a handful of people who aren't really OK with dating several people at once. I'd rather make all the facts crystal clear to save everyone from possible hurt feelings and/or confusion.

• I've thought about it and I don't find the idea absolutely not doable, but I just don't think I would be as happy as I am with monogamy.

• Are you open to dating more than one person at a time or do you prefer to see just one person?

I only date more than one person at a time as I generally have a short-attention span with guys.

• So you don't do well with relationships?

• ...you're kidding, right?

• @punkfightergal

Not kidding. I see no need to feel sorry as it's not unhealthy and I'm not unhappy. Nowhere did I state, suggest, or imply I despise guys as not speaking as not considering guys worthwhile for companions, intimacy, and sexual satisfaction isn't despising them. I date for my amusement and entertainment which isn't uncommon.

• I stick to one guy at a time. I've never been in situation where that would even possible. I don't assume we're exclusive until we've discussed it but I don't have the time nor the energy to date more than one guy at a time.

• I'm with you on that one.

• i don't 'date. so dating for me is _liking_ a person in a different way than I like my friends. if I'm 'dating' more than one person at once... they are just another friend.

liking one person is difficult and disruptive. liking more than one is totally disorienting for me... and I feel disrespectful towards them.

• I prefer dating one person at a time. If a guy got my attention, then I would want him to feel the same way and to keep me interested. if there is more then one person, it can be complicated and question of where its going

• I only date one person at a time. I don't think I could handle open dating, too much work/stress.

Also, it's less complicated.

• I like seeing one at a time because it's less confusing, but it's nice to have options so you don't settle for someone who pressures you into a relationship that you don't really like that much.

• I think things could go wrong too quickly if I see multiple people at once. I'm really scared of hurting peoples' feelings and I know someone will have to get hurt if I see more than one guy at once.

• Yeah, I only do one person at a time.

• Ummm if your "dating" wouldn't that be with just one person?! Otherwise just sleeping around is just that, sleeping around

• Because I know it is a number game and guys do that too, I date many at the same time if I was a little richer. I then to spilt the bills when I don't the first date. Usually, it is either I really like you or I don't think this going to work out so let not even lead you on to the first date. Save ourselves time and emotional confusion...

• I can't like more than one person at a time, therefor cannot date more than one at a time.

• I don't tend to go on too many dates.. I tend to end up in a relationship after the first date, or call it quits... I don't really understand the whole dating culture.. But I suppose that's more an American thing than a uk thing

• Haha I'm American and let me tell you, I HATE the dating culture, the whole process is a hassle so I can understand where you're coming from.

• just one at a time

• Different guys at once. It's useful because you can have a strictly sexual thing with one guy and "do things properly" with another.

• I don't date. I've never really understood how that works. I just get to know people as friends or acquaintances and if I like them I'll tell them and see where it goes from there. So I guess one at a time? I don't pursue more than one person at a time.

• One at a time.

• I would only date one guy at a time, why would you want to start a relationship with a person when you are not totally invested in that person; it is as if you are waiting to see if something else out there is better.

• I'm not against seeing a few guys at a time so I guess I'd have options especially if he was doing the same then I may do it,but I would not necessarily really into doing that because I reckon it could get complicated and you may have to let the other guys down because you've picked one. Plus how can you properly focus and connect with a guy that you may date in long term.

• I prefer to see multiple guys at once. If I'm not in a relationship I don't see the need to act like I'm in a commitment.

• You seem like the exception to all other women answers.

• Okay women who do this, is it that theyre just trying to narrow it down to one guy or do they just keep a group of guys along for the attention and don't choose to commit?

• For me, it's because I just want to enjoy being single and have no intentions on committing to anyone. I have that right. I can't speak for other girls tho

• Just one. I always felt bad when I tried the multiple dating thing. Even though it was not cheating it felt like it for me.

• I only date one person at a time cause dating two persons seems complicated.

• I wouldn't date more than one person at a time, mostly because I wouldn't want to be one of many girls dating the same guy. Do unto others...

• if it's more than the second date, no. basically if I have a first or second date with someone I would be okay still going on new dates with other people but after 2-3 dates I want direction, I don't like casual dating.

• I only date one person at a time. I don't really like the idea of having to keep track of several guys and what they told me about themselves and what I told them about me. And all that. It just seems like too much work, haha! I'm a faithful and loyal person - if I'm into you, you'll have my full attention and loyalty.

• I hear you, I'm a die hard one-woman kind of guy, multiple people is a lot of work!

What Guys Said 5

• Young people don't really date. They just get to know each other and then start hooking up or being a couple. This who are relationship oriented will only be with one person at a time.

Dating is realistically something do more when they're post college. Their circle of friends is often much smaller, and they're looking outside of that group. So they are going on 'dates' with people they barely know. The dating state IS the getting to know day other state and here more likely to be going on dates with a bunch of people. Most then stop and focus on one if things get serious. Those who have ongoing relationships with multiple people are less common though it does happen (and not just via cheating).

• One person at a time. More than that, you asking for trouble and jealousy. Unless your into the causal dating thing, which I find stupid.

• If dating means, romantically pursuing a person then I can't do that with more than one person at a time.

• One at the time is better, it's really hard to like someone ells otherwise.

• Id do it. Then our of the ones I'm dating Id choose which I want.