The date that won your heart...

So the title is pretty much an exaggeration, however, I have a date next week and I wan't to avoid the whole movie and dinner date. I understand that it really doesn't matter where you go or what you do as long as you have each other, however, I would like to use the surrounding environment to my advantage. I want to make her feel really special, so ladies this is for you. Describe the ideal date that would make you feel really special? Would you like to receive a gift? Hear a love poem? Watch the sunset? Go dancing? Fly a kite?

Appreciate any and all comments.

Actually, that reminds me that she has asked me to sing to her in some of our previous dates, and I've always brushed it off. I am a musician, I'm going to sing her a song then.

Most Helpful Girl

• If she's sporty: Go bowling or see a hockey game. Bowling will allow you to show her some technique while you show off you're skills. However, hockey games allow you to spoil her with popcorn and flavored high fructose corn syrup (yum!) & you have plenty of time to talk. You could offer her your jacket if she's cold to show how much of a gentleman you are.

If she's a romantic: Go to a restaurant or cook dinner together. The restaurant creates a calm mood and you could still give her a poem there, restaurants offer great foods and allows you to see her favorite foods (which comes in handy in the future). Cooking dinner allows many things. You or her gets to pick any dish that you desire. You're able to make it & then go outside to watch the stars or the sunset. Also, while eating you could watch some Romantic comedy.

If she's outdoorsy: Go for a walk on a nature trail, this allows you time for talking and she could show you some really cool things. When she's not looking you could pick her some flowers.

If she's competitive: Have a night out at a family game place, this allows you to play games she related to as a kid like skiball or a spin-to-win type game & you could bet hugs and kisses for loses or wins. (Ex: I'll bet you a hug that I'll make this basketball shot)

These are just ideas. You don't have to do these things. What type of girl is she, do you know?

What Girls Said 18

• Just focus on getting to know her and nothing else, she'll feel special. Apart from that, it's best to have a 'neutral' first date so if things get awry, you're not stuck in a bungeejumping class or something like that. Just make it low-key but fun and show her you like her by being interested in what she's saying.

• I had a boyfriend who one day said he had a surprise for me, we walked out into his deck and he said "we are gonna play Monopoly!" (I have nothing against Monopoly, its a great game if you have nothing to do all day) I thought it was going to be something greater. He said that the real surprise is taking me to Disneyland all day with his family :) he got me a pair of Mickey Mouse ears.

• You have to find out what she's interested in. For me, I would loveee it if a guy takes me to see a musical because I love musicals. You hv to find out first

• I think the best date I ever went on was I was taken flying. It was an amazing date, one I will never forget. I think anything out in nature is amazing, especially during warmer climates. Wineries are always a classy way to relax and talk but I don't know if I recommend a date with alcohol especially if she is not a drinker. Never EVER take her to a bar or club, it just seems very sleazy. A walk around a park is sweet, a picnic is romantic. If you want a cute date for the winter than a simple iceskating date would be amazing!

• My boyfriend and I went to golden gate park and walked around admiring it's beauty. Under the moonlight in Shakespeare's garden we had our first kiss. It was amazing and romantic. We had sushi after and couldn't say a word for we were too nervous! We just kept looking at each other and giggling. Okay I was giggling a little but, it was special. Something I'll never forget.

• On the first date with my current boyfriend, he took me to a park (Golden Gate because we live in SF) and there's a lot of fun things to do there. We went hiking through the pretty trees and just talked to each other about everything and held hands. Then we found the botanical gardens and walked through there. Then there was this little lake right in the middle where people can rent boats to paddle, so we rented one and he rowed us through the most prettiest area with a bunch of geese and flowers everywhere and I felt like I was in a mixture of The Notebook and The Little Mermaid and nothing in the whole world could ever top that incredible first date.

• I'm quite into food, and first dates should be one were you can talk, and get to know each other... with my current boyfriend, we went to a Japanese restaurant, and then onwards to starbucks where we talked until closing time..

Which was lovely and ideal for me, but it really depends on the person..

• Do something not everyone does. Me, personally, I've always wanted to go on a date that would be fun, and different from ordinary dates. Something creative.

• Idk a road trip. I think a first date should always be one where the two of you are in a quiet reserved place so you can learn about each other and lol as much as you want. And probably share a great kiss in the end. I personally like dinners

• I'm kinda over the whole out to dinner thing, I think doing something fun with friends is awesome, like cooking out, going to a concert, going to the park or beach I don't know something like that is great to me :)

• I love going anywhere with animals. If a guy were to take me to a petting zoo or somewhere like that, I would be smitten.

• It depends on what the girl likes, for me I would LOVE to go out to eat because I love food. Or somewhere nature like, such as the beach watching the sunset or a picnic, and if you have a nice voice I'd melt if you sing for me lol.

• depending on the type of girl she is.. like handofheart said

• went on a hike, we watched the sunset at a really nice look out spot, it got dark and we had to walk back, we held hands walking in the woods, we heard sounds somewhere near us, and he made a loud sound with a stick to scare whatever it was away, I held his had really tight and we got out of there quick!:)

• I would like to go somewhere where we can find stuff to talk about, or somewhere that means something to you. You can go to a museum and you can show her all the paintings that you like and explain to her why you do. That will make her feel special, like you thought about it.

• The date that won my heard was a night out dancing. Unfortunately for me, the guy turned out to be an ass. Great dancer, and willing to treat to a beverage at the place, but an ass in terms of the way he addresses women in general. I know that it's commonly thought girls like bad boys, but a lady wants a gentleman.

• Just somewhere quiet with the nature,

and if the guy has a good voice (or just any decent voice),

I would really really appreciate it if he sings for me. <3

• Aww she's lucky!

Yes it would be sweet if you sing a cute song for her. I bet she will remember it forever! <3

• Dancing for me because I am a dancer and it's really fun

What Guys Said 0