Why would my ex text me his new number?

We haven't contacted each other in 4 months. The last time I spoke to him I told him I wanted to cut ties. I presume he's sent his new number to all his address book (It's weird he's got a new number now though. He got a new iPhone months ago, so I would've thought he'd have had his new number then, not now...) but even so, why why would he send his new number to me?

Most Helpful Guy

• sounds like he just wants to stay in touch. Nothing too complex there

What Guys Said 2

• He still wants to know what you're up to. Or he still likes you but doesn't want to tell you up front. If you're going to text him back, try this link because there is a right and a wrong way on how to communicate with an ex.

• Why do you care?

What Girls Said 3

• He probably just sent it out to everyone in the address book. It's too hard to go picking through people or whatever, so that's probably why he sent you the number.

If you don't want to contact him then don't, you can just think of the whole number thing as nothing. If he wants to contact you he will, but if he does you can tell him again that you don't have an interest in carrying out any kind of relationship with him. Hope this helped :)

• He might be trying to get your attention because he still has feelings for you. Either that or he just never erased your number from his phone. Which led to the mistake of sending you the number.

• he def wants you to keep in touch with him or just to get your interest.