What is your opinion on interracial dating?

Mainly black and white. What would you think about the person in the situation? I'm not looking for 'interracial dating is OK in my book!" or "interracial dating is a abomination!". I need to know how you would characterize each person. Include your age and race please.

Black man/White woman couple

Black women/White man couple

I need to know how you see the actual people! How would characterize the black/white man? And the black/white woman.

Most Helpful Guy

• I know this will be down voted, so here goes. Also, I'm not talking about every single person and every single relationship, but I do think it's a lot of them.

Quite a few of the people that enter interracial relationships, especially the ones you mentioned, have bad things to say about the opposite gender of their own race and sometimes the opposite gender of the race their boyfriend/girlfriend. For instance, some black women might say there aren't any good black men out there for x,y, and z reason. Some white girls might say that black men are more manly and that's why they go for them. Same goes for a lot of the other groups as well. I find it uncalled for and completely unnecessary. Why try to put other people down? People see their relatives and friends that are the same race as that way?

To piggyback off of what I just said, I think a lot of it has to do with lust. They lust after a group and try to give their baseless reasons why. That's probably why I think interracial marriages are less successful than same race marriages on average. I've actually read that black women/white guys relationships are more successful on average. My theory on that is that there aren't nearly as many of them and they aren't thrust together because of purely lust reasons. Neither group has as many positive dating stereotypes as the white woman and black men do. You'd have to be a fool to think that white girls haven't been placed at the top when it comes to beauty. Thus, some non white guys go after them because they are seen as the best and they are a status symbol. As I've mentioned before, black men have the stereotype of being cool and more manly. Girls say they have better bodies, they're more aggressive, big d***, etc. I think that coupling often times gets together because of those stereotypes. There's quite a few times that both sees the other as a piece of meat, as something to have on their arm.

Again, I don't think everyone in interracial relationships are like this. I just think a lot are. Also, I didn't mention other races outside of black and white because that's what the QA asked about. Finally, I expect down votes because I'm not 100% supportive of them. Go for it.

What Guys Said 6

• I'm 57 years old and of the human race. Black man/white woman - fine. Black woman/white man - fine...even finer if I'm the white man

• I would characterize them as being representative of a very broad demographic inclusive of all society...with the exceptions of rednecks of course.

• I am a black guy and I really don't care. I have dated white women before and also dated black women they are both the same. A man's a man and a woman's a woman not matter what race they are. I wish one day no one would have to ask questions like this because everyone will automatically be treated the same.

• its a great thing

• Personally I'm open to interracial dating as a guy. I'm 23 and white. I'm don't consider myself racist. I know this sounds extremely racist, I tend to be quiet about my feelings on this, but truthfully I tend to look down on black guys dating white girls or white girls dating black guys. But I don't see a problem with white guys dating black women. I guess its just a point of view thing. A lot of black guys tend to act like "pimps" and give me the image of players. Not all, but many...but white guys also act that way too. Its just that I feel women are taken advantage of sometimes and I'm not a fan of that. I don't have anything against black people, its just more of a social culture thing. And also the white women who pursue black guys. It just seems like its a fad, which is racist in itself, white girls going for black guys because theyre black and seen as exotic. Then there's the assumption that black guys have muvh bigger d***s than white guys, which is another reason. Its so stupid and immature. It should be about the type of person you are not your d*** size.

• This was exactly the characterization I needed. Thank you!

• Your welcome. I'm not racist, like I said its more of a social culture thing.

• I understand.

• I think interracial dating (dog/cat...person/monkey) is wrong.

• Who caressssss

• Unforunately a lot of people still cares.

• Its not even really for me its for a class.

• It's almost as annoying as the "is my penis big" questions

What Girls Said 9

• I'm kind of in the "who cares" boat I suppose. As a black female I do think it's easier to date inside of my own race just because people in society can be obnoxious. With that said, I really don't discriminate when it comes to my dating life, I've actually date more white guys than black guys because I live in a predominately white neighborhood and that's just been my social group.

The only thing I have a problem with when it comes to interracial dating is when people go out of there way to do it, especially if it's based on stereotypes. I don't know how many times I've heard a black woman dogging on black men. I just think race should be put in the same book as eye color, it's irrelevant. Now culture, is different...I'm black but as far as anything "Afrocentric" no, that's not in my culture. I grew up listening to rock music and going to a private prep school, I don't have "roots" but to some who grew with that they might want to date someone who had that experience also. So I think that is an important distinction to make.

• I wouldn't think anything of it. They're dating, good for them. I can't really characterize a hypothetical couple. If I knew them, I could be like, "oh yeah, he's a cool dude", or "that girl's nice", or "he''s stuck-up", or "she's rude", but how are you supposed to characterize someone you don't know? All I know is that one person has dark skin and the other has light skin, which really tells me nothing about them outside of the obvious.

• I'm white and I prefer white guys but interracial dating is okay with me.

I'm not sure how I feel about the individual couples. I guess in either case I would think, "their parents must be very understanding" because I know mine would not be.

• Interracial dating is not a big deal to me.

• I was taught by my parents growing up that women who dated black men had low self-esteem and were the "trophy" and black women who dated white men did it to advance themselves. I think in rare cases this is true. I do however believe a lot of black men date white women because it makes them look superior. Not every case though. I am personally in a interracial relationship and love it. I love him for who he is and it is a BIG turn on when we are in the sheets and I see his skin against mine *shrugs*

• I don't care. I grew up in an international household. By the way I'm pure Asian,born and raised in Asia, but my uncles and aunts most of them have spouses with different race and culture. I'm okay with it.

• F*** dating! Just bang baby :)

• I don't get questions like this... I don't have an opinion because as far as I'm concerned there's nothing to have an opinion on. Unless these people actually come from different countries, and therefore have the chance of having different cultures/social morals skin color has absolutely no impact whatsoever.

I view skin color in a similar why to hair color. Does it really matter?

• People are people, regardless of race.