Dating an overweight guy, honestly

hello all, I am an attractive 27yr old guy but I weigh 200 at 5'11. I used to weigh 250, and also used to weigh 175...question for you ladies, do you still consider 200lb guy attractive? would you date him? I feel girly with my lack of confidence on this issue and very insecure. appreciate the feedback!

• Yes I could find attractive depending on style etc
  • No way, either ripped or skinny for me

Most Helpful Girl

• Your weight would not be an issue for me - but I'm drawn to personality more than looks.

What Girls Said 12

• My boyfriend is 5'11" 240, and he was 280 when we first met... I wasn't attracted to him or any guy solely based on looks anyway, he won me over with his sense of humor and personality. He always made me laugh and that's what I liked in him. He is a handsome guy, yes overweight, but that was never an issue for me. I've been with him 6 years and getting married next year. So, I know every girl doesn't think like me but that's my thoughts.

• sorry but no.

though that's mainly cause I'm not much over 100 pounds and I much prefer slim guys.

but I'm sure that you'll find some girls who either like or don't care about your weight, most likely if they're kinda big themselves.

• I would but you HAVE to be confident!

• I actually like chubby guys. They're a lot more cuddly and look protective cause of there size.I don't care what people think its what I feel and how I'm treated is what matters.

• I would def date him-i know guys way bigger and they are the funniest people and I love hanging round with them.

• I think as people get older its not such a big deal. I know when I was younger it would matter more, but now I am getting older (25) so it isn't such a big deal anymore. I want personality more.

• I voted no. It sounds mean but I'm kinda shallow, sorry :(

• Well what about great looking guys, confident, funny, who dress well, just a bit overweight...ie ME?

• Just a bit is fine like 10-15 pounds. I was really being honest though hah I wouldn't date a fat guy...ah I'm so shallow.

• Sure. Especially if he has a friendly face.

• to me it depends because it doesn't matter for weight for me it is about ur personality because you have to see what is in the inside not the outside so I would say maybe if you have a great personality.

• 5'11 and 200 lbs. isn't that bad. He's not like obese or anything, probably just averagely big or slightly chunky. I would prob date a guy that size. Face matters more than body anyway. I would prefer a thick guy to a really skinny one

• I actually prefer a bigger guy :) I wouldn't want to go out with a guy who's extremely thin or someone who weighed less than me. haha Usually the bigger guys are the stronger guys and I like that a lot!

• I don't think that is that fat. I'm okay with that weight. Anything over 300 is a little too big though. Not to be shallow but anything over 300 just isn't that attractive to me. BUT if the guy was nice and liked me and could get passed my flaws then I wouldn't care what he looked like.

What Guys Said 0