Girls who would you rather date?

A guy who could bench press 500 pounds. Or a guy who knew karate? If you had to choose one. Everything else is equal. Looks. Personality. Money. Purely from a physical perspective who would you prefer?

Most Helpful Girl

• Karate is more attractive because it's a full-body combat skill. Way more attractive and fun than bench-pressing. Karate guy means he's not only strong but is also swift, and have good reflexes, if they're good.

What Girls Said 9

• Probably the karate guy. My brother has a brown belt in karate, so I know what an impressive sport it really is. Technique, swiftness, willpower, strength and intelligence is needed in karate, when really only strength and willpower is needed to be able to bench press 500 pounds. Somehow I kind of feel like the karate guy would be better at defending himself and knowing what to do in dangerous situations, since that's what a lot of the training is based on. Being able to bench press 500 pounds doesn't necessarily mean anything. Yeah, maybe you could knock out a few guys with that power, but if outnumbered, I'd bet that the the karate guy would last a lot longer in a fight.

What's up with wanting to get picked up by the bench press guy? I'd rather get pinned down by the karate guy. ;)

• how good is he at karate?

• a guy that can bench 500 lb because then at least I'd be absolutely positive he could pick me up/carry me.

• The one that makes me feel awesome!

P.S. (Love=Awesome)

• karate. it just seems more useful.

• Id love to date either one, but if I HAD to choose, Id pick the karate guy. Karate is so cool and he could teach me some moves I would hope and I would love it. :)

• MilitaryBoy who knew karate and did construction...

• karate, if he was really good at it.

• Karate I guess... Neither really appeals to me, though.

What Guys Said 3

• If he could bench 500 lbs but looked like a typical 170 lbs guy. Who wouldn't choose him? Karate won't help you if the guy can easily pick you up with his left hand and give you a pounding with the other. Or throw a motorcycle at you with ease.

• Wow so I have to win a fight with this guy to seem desirable? Damn

• Bench pressing 500lbs won't help. If the karate guy is lighting fast and can beat the crap out of him before he has the chance to even react.

• "If" the karate guy is lightning fast. You're assuming this karate guy is very well trained. A "master of karate" is what you're referring to. A typical guy who knows karate and a typical guy who can bench 500 lbs? There's no contest. One punch and it's over.

@Noodlenoodle, way to fail at life, guy. This question is about physicality. Otherwise, it would be a simple question of "Two people are the exact same, which one would you choose?".

• LOL karate is a joke...it doesn't teach you to fight...So yeah I'd rather be able to bench 500 pounds, take a month of aikido, bjj, muay thai or judo, than have my black belt in karate which is given out like hotdogs at baseball games...

• I am a ninja and can do both.