I like him, but I am confused - help?

So this guy has asked me to go places with his family a few times, and more recently he has asked me to "hang out" alone with him. He recently asked to go on our fourth "date", but he never calls them dates, just says something along the lines of "do you want to do something next week." However, one of our dates was on Valentine's Day and he did send me chocolates and a note saying I was "stunning". He is very shy and awkward (as I am myself haha) and he hasn't initiated any physical contact, but I have hugged him and held hands with him (as an excuse for helping him ice skate haha). But we just act very "friend-like" on the dates, so I always feel like he doesn't like me as more than friends, even though I'm pretty sure he does. Oh, and we also went to prom last year, so I guess that counts as another date. Any advice for my situation?

And I have not had been in a relationship before or anything like that, so I have no experience with guys haha. We're both in college.

Most Helpful Guy

• It sounds like he likes you! Usually I won't introduce a girl let alone take her somewhere with my family unless I like her! Shy guys like him enjoy doing things with you and have such a great respect for you they will not make the next step forward of being more than friends until you do! lol this sounds like so many friends of mine and because the dudes were too shy to go further into the relationship it ended... So make a move ;) even if it physical contact feels awkward he problem enjoys it.