How long after a break-up can you start dating again?

OK so I broke up with my girlfriend because I like another girl and things between my x and I just was not working out. How long should I wait till I ask the other girl out?

We dated for 3 months and we are both Seniors in High school.

Most Helpful Guy

• Take your time. Are you for sure 100% over your ex. Have you completly closed the book on her before you jump in with this new girl? Make sure you werent an ass when you guys broke up. Do try to be humble.

As for this new girl, take your time, if she's really into you, she will stick around.

What Girls Said 3

• there is no right answer

• Depends on a person. It took me years to get over my past completely

• How long were you witht he ex?

What Guys Said 2

• I would say a couple of weeks to a month should be sufficient.

• High school: at least wait until after lunch period

College: hook-up with the new girl at a party for an easier transition

Real world: I don't know because I am not in that yet.

• As for the real world. You take your time. You don't rush like you do in high school and college. For if you rush, you end up seeing the harsh endings a lot quicker.

• America has "4" times the population of Canada? lol. Check your world geography, friend. The actual ratio is ~10:1

• I'm aware, I was just firing off at the time. Obama Care won't work in America.