Girl already joking about getting married

So I met this girl on an online dating service and we have been talking quite a bit for the past couple of weeks but she has started joking (or maybe not joking) about running off to vegas and eloping. She keeps telling me that I am the one for her and that she will never find anybody else like me. Its only been 2 weeks. I am just seeking some advice on how to handle things. I like this girl a bunch but all this talk so early on is a little disturbing to me.

Most Helpful Guy

• i know this sounds shallow but have you met her in person? I have done the whole online dating thing and have found that people are a lot different in person then online. I am not only talking about physically. People tend to act different when they are face to face (though not all). Spend some time with her in person and then if she continues the talk, just casually tell her that you are not comfortable with it so soon. You would love to see where this goes but the thought of marriage right out of the gate scares you.

• I have not met her in person we are getting together this weekend, I know what she looks like and I have asked some of my friends who know of her, they are saying she is ok. I just don't want to get caught up in a code 3 stalker situtation.

What Girls Said 3

• You are the one for me too! Let's elope in Vegas!

• turn and run.

• I'm sorry but she sounds like a nut

What Guys Said 2

• i'd just tell her casually that the talk about marriage so soon freaks you out. if she's a normal person she'll just quit doing it, if she's wacky then she will probably keep doing it or even freak out on you right then.

• Take things REAL slow with her. That would scare the hell out of me. 2 weeks? that's like ... wow