What is so bad with dating a girl younger than you?

I mean 5 - 10 years younger. I've starting seeing this girl, she's 20 (I'm 27)and she's perfect. She really is, she has all you could wish for.

I was talking to a coworker and when she asked how old my girlfriend is I obiously didn't lie. She was like "omg you're such a douche bag, you should date women your age, not girls that young."

But why not? I like her and she likes me, it's not like I was particulary looking for young girls. But to be honest with my age I often feel they put a lot of pressure on you to get married and start family. I'd rather wait 4-6 with that. And yes of course young and pretty and she'll say so longer than women my age, but that's only a plus not the main point

Most Helpful Girl

• Nothing's morally bad, it's just that a girl who is 20 is in a different maturity zone. You want to delay having to grow up and be responsible a little longer by dating a younger chick. It's not exactly uncommon. Having fun is fun -- sometimes girls get a little jealous that guys get to prolong their carefree period a little longer without taking any flack. Also, since guys tend to value youth, looks and other superficial things over individual personality traits, we often have to compromise on those "fun" traits in a partner to find other traits we want. Like dating a guy we find less attractive or less funny to get a guy who is reliable or responsible. It's just one of those things in life that can be hard to accept.

In this particular case, maybe this girl has a crush on you or something. People can be mean when they're disappointed.

What Girls Said 7

• Nothing. My fiance and I were exactly the same age when we met, 27 & 20. We are still together 11 years later. Nobody had an issue with it and it has never caused any problems between us. My mother expressed concern when we bought a house together a year into our relationship but it was more along the lines of it being a big step and if I was sure. We are not married and don't plan on changing that and have no plans to have kids either and we have had people cast aspersions over our relationship simply because we don't feel to need to get married eventhough we are together a lot long that they themselves might be.

• I don't think that's too much of an age gap. If you guys are happy, I don't see the problem either. Your co-worker should worry about her own life.

• @ But to be honest with my age I often feel they put a lot of pressure on you--its just her stating her preference. just like your preference is not to get married now. she has her say. you have your say., no ones forcing anyone to do anything.. if you're an adult youd get that.

.

20 and 27 is just a bit creepy because she's still sorting out her life. and you guys are on very different paths. she should have time to grow before jumping to your stage.. same with 27 year old woman and 20 year old guy.

• I don't see a problem with that. One of my ex's was 8 years older than me, one was 6, and my current boyfriend is 7. I've always felt more compatible with older guys as compared to guys my age, so I don't judge other people for doing the same.

• I'm 20 and my boyfriend is 32. We've been together for 7 months now and I can honestly say he's not just my boyfriend, but also my best friend. Even with the age difference, we have a lot in common and we act alike. Girls mature faster then guys do, so even though he is 32, he's still a 20 year old at heart and that's what I love about him. With his, and your age, it is usually the age when most people either have settled down or found the one they wanna settle down with, but my boyfriend and I have never really talked about getting married and such. I don't find it creepy at all and I wish you both the best. :D

• Nothing wrong with it.

• nothing! I like dating older men because they are more mature and easier to talk to and I just relate to them better and they make me feel more secure and wanted. all around I like them better.

to be honest a lot of women trash men their age who date younger women well because they are jealous

• Why would she be jealous? She can still date guys my age or older or younger. Would she still be jealous if I was dating someone else who is older?

• women (upper 20s to 30s plus) are jealous because they are insecure. they know younger girls are hotter and more desirable so they don't like that these younger girls are getting guys from their dating pool.

What Guys Said 3

• I don't know man, I can't stand the young ones. Their too much in honky dorey land. Like everything is a big surprise to them. That's cool if you like that.

And I can see why your co-worker would think or be a little upset with you. Think of when you were 20. You werent that experienced and didn't know much in life. Same goes with your girlfriend, she's still growing and trying to figure herself out. But if that's what you like then go for it. Personally though, I can't stand it.

But if you really really really like her, and actually think marriage can blossom from this one day, then go for it. If not, don't waste her time or yours.

And as for the woman your age that are supposedly pressuring you to "marry" them. Then clearly your speaking to the wrong ones. The right ones won't do that and will stick around and wait until one day you pop that question, instead up bringing it up and saying stuff to you all the time about it.

But yea, other then that, just remeber the time of when you were 20, and well put yourself in those shoes again. That's why its kinda nasty.. But if you really like her like I said, then you don't have to worry. I don't know about bringing her around work related parties/gatherings, expecially if her age shows in her appearance. It would kinda look bad on your part.. sorry to say, but I for sure would be like wtf is this guy doing?.. lol sorry but that's the reaction you would probably catch outta me. I wouldn't show it to you, but that for sure would be going through my head lol

But like I said, if you don't care, and actually see something blossoming from this, then do what it do.

• She's 20 and not 16 and she looks like it.she doesn't look like a kid and I don't look that old either.

I know that not all women will pressure you into marriage and it's not like I don't want to get married but I just don't want it that soon. I just feel by 27 a lot of the good ones are already taken and the rest seems to be a lot more keen to married than they were with 20.

I get that she has less expierence in some things. In some areas it's nice, like the bedroom and in others it doesn

• okay buddy relax over there. I'm just saying in regards to the age thing, Cause people in your work environment do take thoese things seriously. As for marriage. Your 27. You should be getting a girl in the 24-26 year age. They don't rush, they will for sure stick around and take their time like you would like. As for the experience, it has nothing to do with experience, it has to do with her eyes opening up. They are just starting to open for her. She's only 20. Look you have no rebuddle. You can

• You can stay with her if you would like, Like I said, its "your choice". Not mine lol

• nothing its your choice but I have different standards

• Men who are 20 and women who are 27 will be pissed off because they think someone is taking what's supposed to be for people like them.

Too bad. If you two are happy, you're happy.