Are mixed girls unable to be dated?

Yesterday,my friend guy was talking to me about his preferences in girls. He then told me "Since you only like white guys,you are most likely going to be single for a LONG while." I asked him what he meant by that and he said "White guys don't date mixed girls,especially since you are Quad-racial! Even though you act white,and are almost white,they still won't like you." So,is that true,that white guys don't date mixed girls? Or is it that that we are just unable to be dated? :/ Just curious...

Most Helpful Guy

• Your friend is obviously closed-minded, immature, and full of sh*t.

No offense to your friend.

----

One thing I will honestly admit to you is that anyone that still possesses the old-school dating mentality of "racial preservation"...won't date you because you aren't "pure" of any race (hence making you multi-racial).

-----

Nowadays people our age groups possesses the "globalization" mentality, as in the race of the person doesn't matter as long as you like the person.

----

Me, being a black male, have taken my fair share of flack from people of my race (black females more than black guys), about me being willing to date a girl of any race and not continuing the "racial preservation" ideals of our grandparents (or even one's direct parents).

If I limit myself to only "pure" black women, that's less than 14% of the female population in the USA.

That's less than one out of every 7 women.

Why would I limit my prospects by adopting such a philosophy?

----

Anyways, you will have no problems finding a guy, because that racial purity mindset is slowly dying away.

Guys will care more about physical attraction and the content of your character more than the idea of race or ethnic background. :)

What Guys Said 8

• EVERYONE has the potential to date. There is someone for everyone, Just because your one male friend doesn't feel you're not dating material doesn't mean the next guy will feel the same way. I wouldn't take what your friend told you as law. White guys do date mixed race women, as do guys from the other ethnic groups. I once dated a Colombian-Mexican woman. You see, not all guys share the same viewpoints as your friend does, You're still young and not a bad looking girl. Just enjoy your life, be patient and you will find love with the right guy when the time comes. If you remain open to opportunities for love, I am almost wiling to bet that you may find love before your closed minded friend does.

• Of course mixed girls are able to be dated.

It's all about preferences.

Yes, there are white guys who like mixed girls, or colored or anything.

Just as much as any other type of guy do.

Personally I have been attracted to girls around the middle east/Mediterranean sea.

Some of them from that region are interested in me, as I'm equally exotic to them as they are to me.

In the end, you as a person is more important than what races you belong to, as your personality is way more important in a serious relationship.

• That's a stupid comment. I have more than white guy friends who have hooked up with, and dated black chicks, and bi-racial chicks. If a girl meets a guy's minimum standard for being hot, she is datable. Race usually isn't a fact except for really hard core racists...and why would you want to date them anyway? I have noticed a trend that white guys USUALLY don't really go there with big girls. But I'm sure that there are exceptions. Unfortunately, it's all quite superficial. It usually boils down to how hot you are. I haven't met a straight guy who would date Halle Berry.

• Absolutely not. None of the guys I know care if a girl is mixed or not. He might be that way but I don't know anyone that way.

• What race is the guy that told you that?

If you make your preference known to guys, they will date you. Some might not because they have a preference just as you have and others might not because it has more to do with you than the fact that you're mixed. Just keep going out there and trying. There are plenty of non white women that have white guys.

Another question if you don't answering it: Why white guys? Even white girls are leaving for other types constantly. Why are you interested?

• He is white/Asian -__-

I have only found white guys attractive so far :/ No other race other than Asain has struck my attention yet...

• It seems all the time people are becoming more open to dating outside their race. Of course, some people will never date outside their own race.

In general, I'm more attracted to white girls than non-white girls, but I always have an open mind.

• Your friend doesn't speak for all guys. He might however, be speaking about guys in your area. It is possible for specific areas in countries to be that sort of racist.

Speaking for myself though, I think you're pretty and that's usually my main criteria for dating someone, not their genetic or ethnic background.

• Well, someone else I know from Iowa who is mixed race has what, to me, seems an astonishing amount of trouble with dating (though she does).

I live in a very multi-ethnic city, and an attractive mixed race girl here who 'acts white' would have no trouble dating. Only a small percent of guys would consider it an issue.

But I'm not sure the average guy in Iowa is so open minded. I don't know that he's not either - not trying to slam Iowa, but it is a different environment. Would be interesting if guys from there could comment.

What Girls Said 0