Would you rather date a person who...

looks athletic but isn't or isn't athletic but looks it. Assuming all other things are equal of course. I felt the need to ask this because I was at the gym yesterday and saw two guys, one looked very toned and fit while the other looked average, maybe even a little overweight. I was on the treadmill at the same time as them and to my surprise, the guy that looked athletic was in much worse shape than the other guy.

This got me to wondering which is more important to us romantically. The look of athleticism or the athleticism itself? Both men and women feel free to answer.

• Looks athletic but isn't.
  • Isn't athletic but looks it.
Sorry, A should be looks athletic but isn't and B. is suppose to be doesn't look athletic but is. I tricked myself in my buzzed state... damn.

Most Helpful Guy

• just fyi the poll is wrong - A & B mean the same thing

I'd prefer the athletic look on a girl over her actually being athletic

• ahhhh son of a b*tch hahaha. I've been drinking. Well, f*ck...

• ah no worries haha... a drink sounds good to me right now :p, thx for reminding me

What Girls Said 3

• doesn't look athletic but is. because guys seem to try to entice athletic lookin guys to fight and I don't want him to be getting beat up everyday.

• i would choose a B for myself

• if he's hot sure:D

What Guys Said 5

• Sooo you're saying a coach potato that has an athlete body or an athlete that looks way out of shape?

I'd go with the athlete body since I'm lazy. I wouldn't be able to keep up.

• Nah, way out of shape is an overstatement. Nobody that is way out of shape is going hard like that. I just mean somebody you would think "eh, they look a little overweight" and they end up being very athletic.

But yeah, I get why you'd pick that.

• I would prefer a girl who isn't athletic but looks it.

Either way, I'll go for the girl who makes me feel like I'm the only guy for her.

• C: I don't care.

• I would want to look athletic haha. But I mean maybe the athletic guy doesn't have much stamina as the other guy or maybe the athletic guy didn't go to the gym for a week.

• Not much choice here is there lol

• lol I know, I suck, I'm sorry

• Ah my bad, I had missed the update. Funny regardless eheh. Answered A.