How do I date if I can't eat much around people?

I think vegitarians and vegans can relate most to my situation

I cannot have I must eat as few fats as I can to help keep my liver working as long as I can... That being said, I can rarely eat anything good for my health when eating out.

So how would one such as I date because of my issue?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that it should be solved by explaining the issue first, if the person you are dating is an understanding one that's a good sign!

Maybe you guys can just go out and when it comes to eating you can do a picnic type of thing? Or look for restaurants that are a bit healthier or have more healthy alternatives than the rest.

Again, I would first mention the situation and then come up with possible solutions (if you are not comfortable, just say that you are vegetarian for the first while).

• Not comfortable explaining in the least... Unpreventable, uncureable liver disease.

• Fair enough, just state that for either health reasons (you can explain more when you feel comfortable) or because you are a vegetarian you can only eat certain foods, if she asks, or shows curiosity, if an explanation is not needed then even better! But all in all the food you eat in a date shouldn't matter at all and you shouldn't be criticized for it, and like some have already mentioned research for some restaurants that have a variety of foods you are able to eat before hand.

What Girls Said 7

• Research the places you eat, and you don't have to just go to restaurants, either. The best dates are the unusual ones. Just have fun with her! That could mean seeing a movie, doing something outdoors, anything that she's interested in. You have a world of possibilities.

• Also, there's no harm in making her aware of this issue. She's going to find out sooner or later, and she won't want you to be uncomfortable.

• I think it would be bad if I said that I have a chronicle failing liver on the first date. Xp

• She's going to have to find out at some point. You don't have to be all dramatic about it and make her uncomfortable.

• I am vegetarian so I can relate to this. I generally just let them eat wherever they would like and I just find vegetarian friendly options. Say it is Chinese, well I can choose almost anything on a Chinese menu and substitute tofu. Spanish is also great. Most soups and salads are also safe bets.

Perhaps checking the menu ahead of time? Since you are a guy, chances are that you will be choosing the activity so choose places that are comfortable to you.

• Just order tea or coffe or some salad. No need to eat much when eating out. And don't limit your choice of girlfriends because of this issue!

Plus there are lots of places to go besides restaurants.

• Like the other people said, order salad or just a drink,

But honestly that would make me think your just cheap a.f

And would make me feel uncomfortable :/

Sorry

• -figure out a few common safe dishes ...like a lean meat salad with the dressing on the side, that you would feel comfortable ordering anywhere,

-go to restaurants most likely to cater for your type of diet, like vegan, vegetarian, health-foody kind of restaurants,

- don't go to restaurants at all, and do something else.

• find a vegan girlfriend or vegetarian girlfriend! find someone who is compatible with your lifestyle

many people have certain lifestyle preferences and its always good to find someone who has one in common with you

• oh and some people have religious preferences too like some religions can't eat beef or pork or it has to be kosher/halal so dating someone can be tricky if they don't share same lifestyle

• Join the raw food community! I don't know where you're from but in my area (SF,CA) we have 100% raw vegan restaurants, there are some super hot raw vegan chicks, look up Freelea on YouTube:-)

• I've never even heard of any such places. I doubt if there are any such places here in Michigan :( I'll have to move sometime and get out of this horrible state.

What Guys Said 2

• Just go out for a cup of coffee. If you think dating is only going out for dinner then prepare to be hit on by gold diggers.

• What's wrong with your liver?

• Primary sclerosing cholangitis. Never saw it comming, could not prevent it, cannot cure it.

• That sucks, man. You could always try cooking for your dates. Maybe get coffee or do something else the first couple of times, and then invite her to dinner. I dunno.