Would you date a person who is transgender?

Say you were dating a man/woman for a couple of months. And found out from a friend that the person you're dating is transgender? Would you keep dating them or not?

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe

Most Helpful Guy

• Lol WTF? Look, I'm all for giving LGBT group fully rights to live in peace and equality as they choose. But, being trans is something that you need to let someone know from the jump. Not something a friend should be telling you. That's basic deception and 100% not okay. Honestly, it's kinda of hard NOT to see when someone is a trans. It's very difficult to really hide that. But in the highly unlikely occassion that they have hidden well, I would most likely flip out if I had been going out with one and not been told until later that the person was trans. That's just a bad situaition and it would not end well lol.

What Guys Said 6

• Absolutely not, a guy will always be a guy and a girl will always be a girl regardless of what they do with their bodies and I am straight. I have not ever seen or come across a "transgender" that wasn't obviously still the same gender they were born as.

• Somehow I feel the same politically incorrect people that downvoted me are the same people who wouldn't date a transgender either

• I voted maybe because my answer is actually very complicated. I don't think I would date an MtF unless I met someone that I made a super rare exception for, however I would date a FtM if he's of the rare variety that despite seeing himself as a man wants to keep his breasts and his vagina and only takes at most a nominal dose of T. Yes, there are some transmen that exist like that. It's because I am attracted to female bodies but at the same time a more masculine and queer personality. If he had top surgery but no interest in bottom surgery...well, then I don't know. I do want to be a dad someday, and my sexual orientation for queer females makes it very complicated.

• No. That person should let me know up front that they are transgender instead of hiding it so I'm put in a difficult situation later. Relationship built on lies.

• I admit I look at transgender p*rn sometimes. I also might have sex with a transgender woman if I find her attractive enough. But dating and having a relationship with one would be out of the question for me.

• HELL F***ING NO

• Who downvoted me? Die in terrible agony you transgender scum!

• No I couldn't.. I know it isn't politically correct or anything but I couldn't..

What Girls Said 5

• Would I keep dating the person? NO, definitely not. BUT...not necessarily because he / she is transgender. What I hate most about this scenario is finding out about it from another friend.

I can't say for sure that I'd date a transgender, but I CAN say for sure that honesty - from the beginning - is a deal breaker.

• I'd break up with them.

• Nope, I wouldn't date them. I wouldn't tell them that it was because of their geneder identity issues,. They obviously didn't want me to know if it has been a few months and their friend told me. What kind of crappy friend is that anyway? I would definitely like to have a break to rethink are relationship. Mainly, trust is what is the problem here. Like if we were to get back together... how long would it take them to tell me?

• No, but only because I want to have the experience of having biological children (with husband's DNA). That might be selfish bust it's the truth. Also I like very masculine looking men which is somewhat hard to come by in the trans community.

• My gut reaction is no, but in real life you end up liking people, understanding them, getting to know them,etc., and there's a lot more gray in the situation than I probably realize. Body of a man but mentally identifies with a woman, I could do that. It would depend on the person.