Told my boyfriend I paid off one of my debts, but now have nothing. Is he secretly frustrated?

I finished paying off one of debts (school debt). And when I told my boyfriend (who is a few years older than me and settled into his career) he seemed happy for me. But then I told him that I now have less than $100, so he's officially dating someone that's broke. He simply stated money wasn't everything.

I feel like because he cares so much about his finances and career that my financial situation might be of frustration to him. Although, I make sure things are even in terms of paying for dates ( so he never feels like I'm taking advantage of his money). Would it bother a guy to have a girlfriend that is still paying debt off in her late 20s?

What Guys Said 1

• I wouldn't be bothered.

He clearly said that money isn't an issue, so be content and satisfied that you're paying your debts. Other women can't so they turn to prostitution or other analogous cases.

What Girls Said 0