To edit or not to edit your photos for online dating?

I came across Hollywood Photo Finish.com, which I want to use to make my photo look more attractive for online dating purposes. Nothing over the top, just clean me up a little. Is this vain? Is it a normal thing to do? Has anyone used Hollywood Photo Finish.com before and did they like it?

Photo editing IS A MUST!

After doing a little research, I have learned that even Dove (the company) edits photos. Camera lenses distort the human face and often render crappy lighting that makes you look worse than in real life. Read Hollywood Photo Finish.com's FAQ and they touch upon it.

Plus having a sweet picture of yourself is a major confidence booster. Look great, get more dates, photo editing is dumb not to do.

Most Helpful Girl

• I checked that site out and it's a bad idea. To pay a website $20 to photoshop one picture is insane. You can edit your pictures just as well with online editing programs or downloadable photo editing programs. I'd strongly recommend Portrait Professional Max which I downloaded from a torrent website. Also be really careful with the kind of editing you're doing. The examples on their website (hollywood photo finish) does not look natural. You can tell in all the pictures that it was heavily manipulated and colored. Do it yourself so that you can adjust the settings. Paying people to do it for you is risky. Alternatively look into picmonkey.com OR my favorite online editing tool which is free link

As for whether it's vain. I don't think so but I do think there comes a point when a photo is edited too much. Especially on dating sites. You're not going to want to overdo it because then you're lying. We all know some people aren't so great with photos and just tend to look bad in them so a little extra help won't be a bad thing but don't make yourself unrecognizable.

What Girls Said 1

• Idk what that program is but it is fine to edit as long as it doesn't look obvious.

What Guys Said 3

• would you fudge your pay grade a couple K's?

Would you change your height a couple inches?

Would you maybe lose a few pounds on the trip to cyberspace?

Would it be fair to say you had studied things or been places you actually hadn't?

It's no different to Photoshop your picture.

• Hmm, I dunno, feels kinda like you would be cheating, kinda like lying in your profile.

• I think it is a good idea. Once you get there your personality has a chance to win them over. Otherwise you might not get that date, just because of a bad picture.