Is this considered a date or a friend date?

Im going out and getting dinner and a movie with a girl (alone) with a female friend I have had for a long time. We have done this a bunch of times (and We are both single) and I was wondering what category this "event" falls under?

Most Helpful Girl

• it really depends. no one knows how she feels. maybe you have an idea, you know the relationship between you two. but if you never spoke about it you should tell her you want to be more than friends. she might not know. it can go either way with girls so it's better to talk about it.

What Girls Said 2

• Friend date unless you made a move. You guys have been doing that a bunch of times right? It sounds like two friends hanging out. If you don't make it clear that it is a romantic date, she will never know. Ask her out on a real date, I think she'll say yes ;)

• Its not a date unless she knows its a date.

What Guys Said 3

• Call it out one time as a date if you feel that you would like to go on one with her. Otherwise no matter how much of a date it may seem, it will only be perceived as "hanging out" or a fun time etc etc. If you say what it is beforehand, you'll know without playing guessing games.

• I define a date as an outing for the purpose of establishing a romantic relationship with someone. The intent must be acknowledged by both parties or it's not a date; it's hanging.

• It's a date, no matter how you look at it. You enjoy being alone with each other, and you feel very comfortable with each other. It must be that she's just waiting for you.