Dating someone who lost their girlfriend to suicide....please help.

His girlfriend commited suicide almost a year ago and I called things off with my fiance around the same time. We spent a lot of time together and sex just kind of happened because we were both in remorse of our other relationships and knew we could trust each other. Well, time has passed and a few months ago I told him that I liked him and that I wasn't interested in anyone else. He said he didn't have the will to be anybody's boyfriend right now which hurt, but I understood given the extreme situation. However, last week we met up...we had a great time catching up, went out and at the end of the night he started kissing me and wouldn't let go. I was very vulnerable with him and told him that I wanted to be with him and that I would wait for him if that's what it took for it to happen. He didn't really say much, and looked a little surprised, but happy that I had said it. We care about each other a lot but we also distance each other because we're not "together." I'm very much in love with him, we bring out the best in each other. What do I do to not screw this up?

What Guys Said 1

• We all mourn at our own pace, some take a lot longer than others.

If you really do love him, you need to put your willpower to work and give him the time he needs. Keep in touch with him, suggest meetings/dates and when you do see him in person show affection.

Don't crowd him though, how often do you talk to him? Personally I would recommend 2-3 times a week if it's a phone conversation. Let him know you're still waiting for him but don't mention it every single time.

In these kinds of situations there is a fine line between showing interest and being clingy, and where the line is varies from situation to situation, it's up to you to find it and avoid crossing it.

• Thank you very much for this. I find this incredibly helpful :)

What Girls Said 1

• Um...I don't understand the question. If you wanna date him and he wants to date you then date him?