Guys, would you ever tell a girl you like that you've been on a few dates with someone else?

Just to judge her reaction? See if she cares or is into you? And then say "it's only been a couple dates, it's not serious" when she asks about it or the other girl. Would you do that?

Most Helpful Guy

• It really depends on where the two of us were, and how the conversation was going. Context is everything, and we don't really have any here.

Assuming you weren't going out, and assuming he's not even sure if you like him or not, he may have said it just so you know that other girls find him desirable. And a lot of the time, that actually works, because women tend to like men that OTHER women like (they feel like other women have already vetted him), and they often tend to like what they cannot have, or is a challenge.

Now, you can also very easily make yourself into a douche-bag braggart by saying this the wrong way, and you can come across as just being ultra-honest and up-front. It's all about the context.

• He's a really busy guy and I asked him where he's been and that's how it was brought up. Considering how busy I know he is I don't see it being probable. He does know I like him, but we aren't together. We live a 7 hour drive away from each other...

• Well, okay, he was just being honest. He's not sure if you like him, and given how far apart you life, he probably doesn't see it working out even if you did due to the distance, so why lie? If he's honest, he has nothing to apologize for later.

What Guys Said 11

• Different reasons per guy. Some guys are just retarded and do this because they want to "look cool"

In my experience, these guys hardly get many girls. No girl likes being told stuff like this and it definitely doesn't help in terms of romantic feelings.

I would personally never do this. Some guys do it to tease...but it can come off hurtful in general.

• He's not your boyfriend right? Until you two have that conversation, he's free to date and meet new people. It's not exclusive until you two agree to that. So, that out of the way he is probably just being open with you because he wants you to know where you stand at the moment.

• I had a girl do that to me once. Never test someone like that, in some cases it can be hurtful to the other person. If I like someone, I don't date others at the sometime. They are my primary focus, even if not together at the moment.

• I wouldn't do that. Bragging will just come up as very inexperience.

• Not unless they asked, or I somehow became a COMPLETE dbag..

• naw, I probably wouldn't say nothing, unless we was exclusive or somewhat talking.

• that would be a lie... yet I wouldn't.

• Never. Sounds like a bitch move! He is doing it to make you think he's a player so you chase him.

• Nope.

• No, not if I like her.

• WTF is he doing talking about other women on a date. Immediate red flag

What Girls Said 0