Need help with online dating

So I'v'e had my profile up for almost 2 years now, and I am consistently getting dismal results. I am here to see if I could maybe get a profile critique please. Thank you in advance for any and all feedback.

• Nothing wrong.
  • Something wrong (please explain below. ((Thank you!))

Most Helpful Girl

• There's nothing necessarily wrong with your profile, as in there is nothing off-putting about it. But there is also nothing about it that really draws me in, so I think some improvements could be made.

Here are some things to keep in mind:

1. Don't be vague. When an online profile is all you have of someone, it can be really hard to see the person they truly are. You know who you are, but we don't. So make every word count towards really showing us what a great person you are. I would leave out the "Not looking for short term," and replace it with something more personal about you. Also, I'm sure there is more to your personality than "geek". Expand.

2. Give evidence. Anyone can provide a laundry list of traits about themselves: "kind, smart, funny, caring" blah blah blah. It doesn't mean much unless we have a reason to really believe that it's true. So expand your descriptions, and include quick examples of times when something you did showed off a certain characteristic that you have. For example, skip the typical "I'm funny," and instead try "I always make my friends laugh with my _____ jokes."

3. All your pictures look pretty much exactly the same. Your photos will benefit you more if you think of them as a way to share parts of your life, not just a way to show us what your face looks like. If you have photos of yourself in different situations or doing fun/ interesting things, then include some of those instead of just a bunch of head shots.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions.

What Girls Said 9

• Okay, first and foremost - you need to smile! You are very cute! But no one would know without a smile on your face that you are a great catch. I read your profile and you have a lot going for you, you work, you have various interests, and you seem like an all around great guy. Let that shine through on your profile pictures!

Another thing, complete your Needs test and Chemistry tests. This will help with matching you up to people who are similar, and interested users can access these results to see if you are compatible with them.

I would also recommend adding a few more pictures.

• The baseball cap makes you look like a dufus. The baseball cap indoors makes it look like you're balding.
    Poor quality web-cam pictures from an awkward angle with a side-glance makes you seem creepy/socially awkward.
    Geek personality is almost always a turn-off unless you're a hunky muscular gamer with glasses or something.
    "not looking for short term" tagline comes on too strong.

• I agree with all the other comments. Definitely get more pictures and better quality. Be a little more carefree in your responses. They aren't intriguing. Also, try a different site and you may have better luck. I have some friends on OkCupid and they seem to like it.

• 1. the photos are bad. you need to smile and take the hat off. I assume you're wearing the hat because you are receding/bald. nothing wrong with that but wearing the hat INDOORS shows you are self conscious about it = bad. You've gotta like yourself and be accepting of yourself before others can like you.
    2. describing yourself as a geek put me off. say "very computer literate" or something as an alternative - it makes it sound positive
    3. put "volunteer firefighter" highter up your list - it's a BIG positive - shows a social conscience and you get out and about
    4. I agree with the other answer about having more photos of you enjoying yourself AWAY from your computer
    5. the middle of your blurb is a bit waffley ie "anything and everything that rises to the surface...if we treat everything with honesty and open minds... I believe we’ll learn a lot from each others views and unique perspectives " - ditch all this
    helpful?

• From a girls perspective.. I'd add some of your traits into the bio. If you're funny, be funny. If you're caring, say how, for example. I'd add some more pictures, maybe showing you doing your "thing" if you have anything and a pic showing height, body type, etc. (doesn't have to be naked! clothed is fine). Other than that, I actually wouldn't mind going on a date with you. :)

• Wheres the link to your profile?

• Completely forgot to include it and didn't realize until after I hit the post button. And this site being programmed by an intelligent person won't let you delete any of your posts. But here's the link.

link

• Your profile is very impersonal, I read the whole paragraph you wrote you just stated facts about who you think you are, and I still feel like I know nothing about you. Its not very interesting and doesn't catch my attention. Instead saying your funny, be funny, let your personality shine through don't be so 2 dimensional this isn't a job interview. From the pictures you seem relatively good looking, why don't you put up some clearer quality ones. I hope this didn't offend you, trying to help

• Why would that offend me? Thank you very much for your feedback :)

• Lose the hat and you'll be fine hun.

• This isn't a dating site...

• Your description sounds a little bit too official... Someone mentioned job interview, and it is very true. And the thing about a girl with "great personality" - it's really too random and scares away a bit.

Better quality picture would be better, too

What Guys Said 2

• 1. Put up more photos and of better quality. Active photo's with sincere smiles are always the more inviting. Your photos are horrible no offense. Your not a bad looking guy but that golf cap / ball cap, the picture distortion, the claustrophobic feeling of that room you've taken the picture in, the sideways "it wasn't me" glance, none are doing you any favors.

2. Redo you're "about me" section and try not to make it so "factual". You're making yourself come off normal and boring. First thing I would say is don't open with your profession and keep that part as brief as possible. It's boring. Secondly, if you're going to mention your interests such as travel, talk briefly about a place you've been and not just state that you like to travel. Everyone says that. Tell a story that's going to make someone want to be apart of it.

3. Don't tell anyone you don't like things or say anything negative "Without a great personality, the best looking girl might not appeal to me.". You're intentions are in the right place but you're giving off the wrong vibes. Anything negative is a no!

4. You're a volunteer firefighter correct? Women love firemen. Milk it.

• add more photos. have like 8 photos instead of 2. of you smiling. of you with other people. of you doing things you enjoy. basically anything other than just you sitting by your computer.