The old "how are things" text?

A girl I like and used to date, recently hit me up after a couple of months of not talking at all, with "miss you. how are things!?" She lives in another state, and is currently dating someone else. What do you think she wants? How should I proceed. I really like her by the way, wish we were still dating but distance got in the way...

Most Helpful Guy

• It must be that she wants to treasure your friendship, and doesn't want it to be lost because she's living in another state now.

What Girls Said 2

• You're totally over thinking it; she probably just doesn't want to have any hard feelings. maybe she just likes you as a friend, and would like to stay in contact with you.

• I think she's just trying to catch up with you. Some girls like to stay friends with their exes.

What Guys Said 1

• I'd text her back, but keep it short. She lives in another state and dating someone else, so don't take it too seriously.