My potential girl has a male roommate...interesting story....

Ok...so I met this girl online. We've been on two dates, we've kissed, held hands, etc. here's the story...

She lives a half hour away and owns a townhouse along the Chesapeake Bay. To help with her mortgage, she posted on Craigslist looking for a roommate.

Her roommate is a guy and they hang out a good bit. I know they go to the local bar on weekends and trivia on week nights. I also know they both have online dating profiles. I'm not sure if there's a history (he answered the post and moved in January) and I'm also not sure about living arrangements, like whether they share a bathroom.

This somewhat bothers me. Am I out of line for that? Should we continue to see each other or should I back off? What would you do?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it's unreasonable for you to be a little concerned about the arrangement. But I would definitely talk to her about it. Find out what their relationship is like and if there is a history.

It could be that they simply live together for financial reasons. I have lived in several shared accommodation situations. Not everyone can afford a place of their own, and sometimes it helps to have another person there to help cover the bills.

I don't know why it would be a big deal that they share a bathroom either, unless of course they are using it together at the same time haha.

But I think you need to give her the benefit of the doubt, at least until you talk to her. Find out what she has to say. All you can do is take her at her word and get to know her.

What Girls Said 2

• this is tricky because I can really see where you're coming from. If I were in your shoes, I'd feel the same way. But I think you need to bring this up to her. Ask her if there's anything going on between them and how she feels about you and her together. Then ... just trust her answer. And if you still don't trust her, then back off. there's no point in being in a relationship if there's any trust issues.

• I thought about it, but I think what we have is too fragile to bring it up so early. Its just strange that they both have dating profiles. And he told her he won't bring any weird girls home. Its just strange...

• I'm not sure. If I really liked the guy, I'd keep seeing him but with a lot of caution. If I didn't like him that much, I'd just stop seeing him. It depends on how much you like her

• Cool...thanks for your input.

• Totally a deal breaker. If you really trust her, go for it. I personally wouldn't feel comfortable with the thought. They're too close, anything goes.

What Guys Said 1

• It would best if you can trust your girl.

Continue to see each other, until proven that she's really has "something" with the guy.