Girls, how much younger would you date? boys, how much older?

As girls, we have so many stereotypes in our head when it comes to looking for a guy. Society makes us feel like he has to be older, preferably by a year or two even, he has to be stronger, taller, make more money, ect. A lot of people ask how much older of a person would you date, so mine is the opposite. How much younger can the guy be before you wouldn't want to date them?

Guys, how much older of a girl would you date? What age gap makes dating an 'older woman' too old?

Feel free to say why as well as answer the poll.

• 1 year
  • 2 years
  • 3 years
  • 4-5 years
  • 6+

Most Helpful Guy

• I went on couple dates with a girl 4 years older then me. Nothing came of it but I really did like her but the age gap thing bothered her I'm sure.

What Guys Said 5

• I don't care about the age difference. Age difference is a stupid thing to care about. What does matter to me is the age itself. If they're younger than generally 21/22 (basically towards the end of college) I don't really bother with them. Mostly because I've found such people are too immature for anything serious. It wouldn't completely shut down the chance, but it'll make it pretty close to zero.

• I guess 4-5 years because any older at this point might be way too much in terms of where we are at in life, but you never know.

• My longest relationship was with a woman who was 4 years older than me (I was 27, she was 31)... we saw each other for about a year or so. There were never any "age difference" issues or anything like that. We got along just fine.

• i don't think id want to go more than 2 years in either direction

• I'd date a year older at the most if she was really nice

What Girls Said 3

• I won't go younger I will go older. I thought I was dating a guy that was 7 years my senior but turns out he was 10 years my senior. He lied to me about his age but I still kept him because I had already fell for him and besides he could pass for 29 years as he had said.

But I think 10 will be the eldest I will go

• My mom is a year older than my dad. Well, maybe for me a year is maximum in that direction, too.

Somehow I've always liked older guys, around 3-5 years.

• i am 25 ad my boyfriend is 47 year old. but I cannot see difference between that. as long as you are comfortable and love each other.

• i like older guy than a young guy. it was like, all of his attention is focus on you.