Time frame for meeting someone from online in person?

After you make inital contact with someone from an online dating website and have emailed back and forth about every day, how soon do you then meet in person? A week? A few days? What's the norm?

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends how easy meeting will be.

Guys I know who use online dating sites where I live, they ask out -immediately-, on the assumption that till you meet in person you don't know if there's any possibility of it going anywhere. But that likely means an after work drink or coffee - just a quick meet up because they probably work close by.

If you live a few hours apart, you're going to get to know each other more.

What Guys Said 4

• Well it depends. Are you interested in this person? Is the person interested in you?

IF yes, then go ahead and meet them. But to be on the safer side, meet somewhere more public for the first couple times just in case. And if you feel that you can trust that person, then its OK to go places more private.

• It really depends. There's no rule for time frames.

If you, two , want to get each other better, then it's best that the sooner you meet.

• As soon as you feel safe. Limit online contact if you want romance. The more you talk online, the weaker the relationship becomes. Facetime is everything.

• there is no specific time frame or norm . it depends on how you hav established the contact..

What Girls Said 3

• I think it really depends on the people. I have met many people online and the time frame varies depending on how comfortable and motivated the people involved are.

Some people will want to meet you right away, while others just aren't interested in meeting someone online (they believe it doesn't work and thinks it's weird if they meet people online-why they are online then is a mystery :S).

But I think if you like a person and you seem interested enough, you should let them know. First talk to them and see if they are up for meeting someone from online. If they are, I would suggest it to them.

Make it a no-pressure thing.

I think normally it would be 1-4 weeks of contact back and forth before people meet each other.

• For me personally. One to two months but I go gradually step by step, Email, text phone call, then meet face to face. So far it has worked for me, the last relationship lasted 5 months!

• It doesn't matter, just meet in public