Would you date a girl five years younger than you?

^^^ all up there. Why or why not would you date a girl five years younger than you? If not five, then would you date her if it was only three? Thanks in advance! I rate all answers and pick BA :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Certainly! At my age, five years isn't even an age gap. I'd even date a girl ten years younger than me without hesitation. I'm 28 in case you're wondering.

What Guys Said 12

• Right now no. I am 21, and most, if not all, 16 year old girls are way too immature and not what I'm looking for. Not to mention a lot don't have jobs, responsibilities, trying to figure their own lives out, etc...Do I have anything against people dating younger(sometimes A LOT younger) than themselves? No. Maybe in a few years I'll open up the possibility of dating a girl 5 years younger than me, but until I am older I will have to hold off on that.

• Being almost 25 and having a major interest in a girl who is 20, I think it is safe to say I would date a girl five years younger than me.

• sure why not I've meet a lot of really interesting and attractive girls who were a bit younger than me so it wouldn't be an issue if I was attracted to her and she interested in me

• Yes I would. Someone 5 years younger than me is a young woman, not a girl. She's either been working for a while or gone to college for a few years.

• I would date a girl five years younger. I love the youthfulness of women.

As long as she's caring, understanding, faithful, and attractive, then there's no reason as to why I shouldn't date her.

• From what I have seen with the girls I know, most girls don't mature until they are around 21 and that is when they are more interested in having a real relationship. I'm 24 so that would make the girl 19, so no, I will not date a girl who is 5 years younger than me. However, being 3 years younger than me would make her 21 which would be OK for me. But I usually prefer girls around the same age as me or older.

• 12 year olds are my favorite.

• hahaa. but like, once you got older, like in your twenties..and she looked like she could be older (but not older than you) would you date her?

• If she is legal then I would bang

• I'm 21, I'd date an 18 year old (but no less because that's pedo).

honestly most guys would date younger, because if its long term, she would look young throughout the whole marriage.

i would date younger (if she was as mature as me)

• I would. The person and how they are is more important to me. Older or younger isn't very important.

• 28 / 29 is good for me

• That would make her the same age as my little sister so the answer is a 'No'

• Well that would make her 15 so no I wouldn't

What Girls Said 4

• From the perspective of a female very much interested in older men, it all depends on the ages we're talking.

The difference between 24 and 29? Pretty great but not world-changingly different, usally. 45 and 40? Practically nil. 18 and 23? There's some difference there, as one of you is just getting used to being on your own while the other has been out in the world for 5-6 years already. Not to mention the elder of the two can legally drink.

I once found the equation to figure out whether someone is too young for you: Take your age and divide it by two, and add 7. Thus, if you're 18, the oldest you could non-creepily date would be 22 (found by reversing the equation). That's just one person's opinion, though.

Also, it really depends on situation.

TL;DR: specific ages in question, and situation, situation, situation.

• What is it about older men that women are so attracted to?

• For me, my parents are older and many of the people I've lived around are around their age so men around 30-40 are attractive to me. I also have no siblings so I don't relate as well to people my age. Really, I look for the maturity so high school sucked for me and college, at least the first year, is looking to be the same. I look forward to turning 21 just so I can comfortably date a wider variety of guys.

• I'm 26 and I am in this situation sort of. Younger guys are staring at me. 23 year olds at my church. I teach 3 and 4 year olds Sunday School. One had the "soft eyes" and funny looking grin when he was staring up and down my face. :/ The same guy that did this walked through my room several times. One time he smiled and said I hope you don't mind me walking through your room. I didn't mind that-people do it all the time. I'm just unsure about him and the looks he gives me. I've caught him staring with his mouth open too. Another guy-he usually does the music- but he did the preaching this past Sunday about weddings, beauty, and being in awe of someone- your jaw drops-he looked in my direction when he said jaw dropper and was talking about beauty. The funny thing is I have also seen him look at me with his mouth open. Earlier that day he walked through my room and he got so close to me...his jacket brushed up against me. He is the oldest out of the 23 year olds and I think he may be trying to tell me something. He even quoted Romeo "but soft what light through yonder window breaks it is the east and Juliet is the sun.- Romeo said this when he was describing Juliet's beauty." I've caught both of these guys facing my direction many times as well. :/ I think it is more common for guys to date younger girls than girls dating younger guys. That just seems weird to me for some reason. I feel so old. Am I the only one who thinks this way? I feel like these guys think I'm a "prize to be won."

• "Prize to be won" is and interesting way of putting it. I'd prefer "a gal 'to be able to' (still not liking the term of "to get" in this instance) spend the 'rest of my time' with"

• I always crush on guys 4-5 years older than me. Maybe when I'm 18 it won't be so creepy to date them...

• My boyfriend is 6 years older than me, I'm 17 and he's 23 when we first together. older guys are more mature and understanding.