Interracial dating..?

There's this guy that I like and he likes me too. We've been friends for years and he's hilarious. We're going out on a date this weekend, but I'm scared. He's black and I'm white, and my stepdad is so racist. (For example; he was at my softball game and saw a black guy and white girl holding hands and said "Her parents should be shot for letting her be with him." Me and my mom were furious.) He's coming to my house before our date and my stepdad will be there. He knows how I feel about racism; I've yelled at him many times for being racist. My mom's totally fine with it (interracial dating). I'm going out with him no matter what, I just need some help. I don't want my date to come over and then my stepdad be rude towards him. Help?

Most Helpful Guy

• err I dunno, seems like a bad idea to bring him over unless you talk to your stepdad beforehand. explain to him that this date means a lot, this guy is a good friend. you shud let him know that if he ruins this date, embarrasses u, or intimidates the guy...ull never forgive him for it. you shud get your mom to talk to your stepdad as well.

seems like either that or you don't have him come over to your house first. mebe hav your mom drop you off somewhere you guys are going? try to make it a situation where only your mom meets him...that would be the optimal solution.

What Guys Said 3

• Let your date know that your stepdad is a racist dude and your sorry in advance. If anything that's even more of a reason to try and work it out with this guy. Don't let racism win man!

• #1 you need to give your date the head's up. but honestly, I'm not sure what practical advice you want. you can also tell your stepfather that your date is coming over, and he's black, but I don't think you are ever going to change his views. best you can do is ask him to be civil, and ask your mom to have your back

• i mean your mom can't be THAT strongly against racism either or she wouldn't have married that guy obviously...that would be a pretty strong conflict of morals. therefore, probably shouldn't bring the guy over..

What Girls Said 5

• I got a interracial boyfriend. He loves me very much, have a good time every day now

Between blacks and whites, there should be no racial discrimination,As articles photos, black and white looks very match together, very harmonious.Let's talk about another topic, Love sees no color.racial marriage.Has become a trend.More and more people feel the racial love journey,True love is regardless of color, regardless of their race.So love me love my color,.If you don't mind, I'd like to recommend you an a serious of interesting dating places.Search Google or Bing by Mixedspark.com where its the largest and best club for seeking interracial singles, black athletes, doctors, lawyers, investors, entrepreneurs, They want to find a serious dating relationship,find a good reliable lover for a long lasting relationship with love. no racial discrimination,just try dating the site member of single to see if it worth your time. Best wishes. You lovely Cupid!

• Well first off, I think you need to tell your date about your stepdad and what his probable reaction will be. It's not as if you can control his views, and I think it's best that your date is ready for any racist comments that might come his way when he meets your stepdad.

Also, I think it might be a good idea to tell your stepdad in advance, so he can cool off and accept it before actually meeting your date.

Hope this helps!

• So how did the date go?

• First I think you should tell your date about your stepdad so that way when your stepdad says something, your date is already ready for that and understands situation. Othereise he would get hurt more.

Or you can speak to your stepdad about your concern and try to make him understand before your date comes so that way he doesn't say anything mean. I think eventually you have to talk about this with your stepdad if he's commenting bad on your date.

Good luck

• Try to arrange to have your stepdad not around when your date comes over.they need to avoid each other.he's not gonna become un racist and your date will feel uncomfortable. This reason is why I'd feel uncomfortable dating out. Even if your stepdad doesn't do anything outrageously rude, he'll still be giving bad vibes.