Think of your Girl/Guy friend, would you date them?

I'd like to see how many people in friendly relationships are actually looking to date.

• Yes I would date my best guy/girl friend
  • No I would not date my best guy/girl friend
There's no wrong answers, it's meant specifically for your closest friend really but general is fine too. There's been this idea going around that guys are only friends with girls because they want to date them so I sort of wanted to debunk it. Too small of a sample to say too much right now.

Most Helpful Girl

• Um, I'd say out of my 5 closest guy friends, I'd only date one or two of them.

I don't think this can act as an "in general" question, it's more about your particular relationship with that specific person.

Some of them I'm really close to, I hangout with a lot, but I just wouldn't date them for whatever reason. (Little moral roots, some I've seen how they treat their girlfriends and it makes me unsure, or simply put I'm not physically attracted to them.)

A few though, I could see myself dating them if the opportunity ever arose and they showed interest in me. (However, I don't have like a giant secret crush on any of them or anything. I just wouldn't be against dating them).

What Girls Said 17

• Yeah, just one of them. But everyone thinks that he and I are already together or that we're going to end up married or some stupid stuff like that so I'm very hesitant to prove them right by dating him. Plus I doubt he's interested, though we've never really talked about it.

• My Mom and Dad were best friends. :D

A Jock, and an unkown schoolgirl. And they're still together now...35 years and staying stronger! :)

• I would love to date my best friend because previously we had very strong feelings for one another until one of his friends asked him to back off so he could get with me :/

• there is one that I would date, but I don't know if he would like me. maybe since we cuddled/tickled once lol

• Yeah. Not all of them just one, Its one that I like that people can't even tell I have feelings for him. Then one where I have absolutely positively have no feeling for and people think I secretly like him. crazy huh?

• Um, possibly. Although there's some traits that make up his personality that I cannot stand. I honestly do not believe it would work at the current state, so I would probably remain good friends.

• No, if I want to date a guy, I don't play games like that. Falling in love with someone after becoming friends has also never happened to me.

• No. I have more offers than I can handle. I just want time with someone who is a guy friend that just happen to be a guy.

• No because we are already very close and the relationship is more of buddy buddy kind, strong friendship so I won't want to date them. friendship to me is important so I won't want to ruin it

• no. Most of them are friend zoned

• no. Once a guy is a friend he will never get out of the friend zone

• That's not true

• Well, then, that sucks for you.

You can only be "just friends" with those who you've gotten to know, and you'll only date those who have an unknown record.

• @mrcdinis for me its true. Once I make a guy my friend he won't be more.

@openclose nah it doesn't suck for me. I have certain guys I like and want to date and I have guys who only make good friends.

• No.

• It' doesn't work out well and I already lost one of my most loved male friends after dating :/ I won't date friends anymore.

• My only friend is my dog, but yes I would date her, she is a sexy beast.

• No, I wouldn't date either of my two best friends. They are players and they don't really treat women very well. I've known them since we were kids and I've never wanted to date them.

• Yes, he says things like Your going to be wife all the time. Although I love him dearly and I know he does too because he says so, I am not sure we are there "right now".

• I'm already dating my best guy friend. :)

• I can think of one that I would love to date.

What Guys Said 6

• If I'm friends with someone I'm attracted to, chances are I already showed my interest and they were taken, not interested in the same way, or we tried it and it didn't work.

The only time I'm truly "just friends" with a girl is if I don't find her attractive. Otherwise, I'd probably at least try to give it a shot.

• I wouldn't date them. After all, they are just my friends because they aren't my type.

• I really like my female best friend, and am in the process of asking her out. Yeah I would date her.

• I'm just posting so there is at least one in the guys box, but yes I would date my female best friend. The reason: In a marriage, your spouse should be your best friend.

• i don't have any

• Yeah, I would date my female best friend, even though I know the feeling is not mutual.

• To your update... I don't think too many guys befriend girls just so they can date them. There are girls that I am just friends with and wouldn't date and there are girls that I am friends with, and wouldn't have a problem with dating, but to say that I am only going to befriend them so I can eventually date them sounds kind of juvenile. There's a difference between willing to date a friend and being a friend just so one can date them.