Would you date someone who was unemployed ?

Like the question says would you date someone who was unemployed but had money to pay for the date.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sure as long as he's doing something else, like going to school. Or if he just lost his job recently and it trying really hard to look for another.

Now if he's at home, doing nothing, playing video games and sleeping all day, then no I won't :P

What Girls Said 8

• If that person was being very productive and proactive about getting a job and was clearly not 'settling' or fine with being unemployed... then yes -

Although I don't think that should be something you throw out there as a first impression.

I think if I was to hit it off with somebody and saw a lot of potential in that person.

And if I found myself really liking that person... Then my mind is already made up.

If I were to find out that they were unemployed 'AFTER' I had decided that I was attracted to them, then that would almost be secondary (Although this could be a matter of opinion in guys) because I'd be convinced that the person in question would not be unemployed for very long - And I'd do what I could to help them get employed. Thus taking the 'relationship' to where I would have already imagined it.

I just think it's best that you sell yourself for all the good and great that you might be before you let any 'cons' be brought to the table. Because by this time at least you'll be sure to know if someone likes you off the bat for what you can offer in company and personality rather than money...

Hope this helps :)...xX

• Yes, I would date them. However, only if they were trying their best to get a job...if they just prefer to sit at home and bum around probably not though...

Answer mine please?

• Yes :) That's what happened with me and my fiancee! :) He was unemployed for a few months. Did whatever he could for money. I was uber supportive because I loved him. When we met he was unemployed. And remained that way for a few months. It's all about finding someone that isn't so shallow. Now my hubby to be has a great job and he's the one mainly paying for everything because I'm not doing so great... I had no problem at all with him not having a job. Soot I would let him drive around with my car and debit card. I'm lucky he was a great guy and didn't run off with it! XD lmao

• yeah but it depends I am unemployed too and have been filling out apps, but haven't gotten calls back for interview so depressing I want to give up cause I'm tired of it but I won't I now started doing volunteer work if you in my situation where your trying then why not if I'm attracted to you.

• Pardon me, but I'd like to put my two cents in since the question is closed. I would say I'd date someone that's unemployed. However, they need to either be looking for a job or if they live with me, they need to take care of the house. Otherwise, I don't think it'd work out.

• If he has money to pay for the dates we go on, then that's fine, but I'd wonder why he doesn't have a job. He should probably look into getting one because the money he has won't last forever.

• Yes I have .

• yes I would

• Yes, and I have before. Circumstances make a difference though. I don't want to have to support him, just like I don't want someone else having to support me.

What Guys Said 4

• Yes, I would. There's nothing wrong if she's unemployed. She's just not part of the labor force, and that doesn't have to do anything if I really want to date her.

• it would depend on the situation. lets say you had absolutely no goals, no motivation and you were a lazy ahole, then def not... but if you had a good reason to not work such as, social anxiety (but trying to get help) or a loved one died and you were a bit depressed, then it wouldn't matter.

• of course I would

• Yes, although I would prefer it if she was working.